Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 20-06-2018 10:22 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
dunwell
Voyager
Options

I’ve been on 63 since our discussion yesterday afternoon!

0 Likes
Moily
Pathfinder
Options

The colour's definitely off on mine tonight. The Russkys' shirts are a lot more orange than red. Colour definitely washed out whereas it was popping last night.

0 Likes
Moily
Pathfinder
Options

No improvement with Native colour space and Gamma -3, either.

0 Likes
Moily
Pathfinder
Options

A-ha. Switched HDMI input to another and back again and now looking better.  Definitely a problem somewhere - most likely Samsung than BBC. 

0 Likes
edindundee
Pioneer
Options

Has anyone watched the football with the other streaming option and a KS series telly, I can't remember the name of it....arrgh. Cost around £200?

0 Likes
stevej190
Pioneer
Options

@edindundee wrote:

Has anyone watched the football with the other streaming option and a KS series telly, I can't remember the name of it....arrgh. Cost around £200?

At that price I think you may be thinking about the HD Fury Intergral, it doesn't stream though - its a HDCP doctor that has cool work around functions.

0 Likes
edindundee
Pioneer
Options

Thanks Steve, yes that's it. I'm not too bothered about the footie so can wait a bit, and wondered if the Fury will be more future proof than the Roku SS+. So it doesn't stream, it's just a box of tricks that (amongst perhaps other things) can fool a transmitting device into thinking it's sending to an HLG enabled telly?

Has anyone watched the football on a KS with the Fury Integral? 

0 Likes
stevej190
Pioneer
Options

@edindundee wrote:

Thanks Steve, yes that's it. I'm not too bothered about the footie so can wait a bit, and wondered if the Fury will be more future proof than the Roku SS+. So it doesn't stream, it's just a box of tricks that (amongst perhaps other things) can fool a transmitting device into thinking it's sending to an HLG enabled telly?

Well you still need an external device to access iplayer so I think the Roku is the only one at the moment, fairly sure the virgin box doesn't have the iplayer hlg flavour as yet. 

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@stevej190 wrote:

@edindundee wrote:

Well you still need an external device to access iplayer so I think the Roku is the only one at the moment, fairly sure the virgin box doesn't have the iplayer hlg flavour as yet. 

The Virgin V6 box is part of the trial and sending HLG HDR. 

0 Likes
stevej190
Pioneer
Options

@blenky wrote:

@stevej190 wrote:

@edindundee wrote:

The Virgin V6 box is part of the trial and sending HLG HDR. 

Ah OK, didn't realise that. I haven't seen any reports from anyone on here reporting how its performing.

0 Likes