Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 08-03-2018 02:00 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@amokukwrote:

Smart things extend usb stick and hlg support.

You might get a reply saying that have implimented HLG support which they have, just not for onboard Iplayer. As far as I know neither did the retailers mention any thing about HLG so they could waste time by say just that. Samsung on these forums have now made it official that there will be no dongle which is what some retailers advertised as part of the TV spec which is misrepresentation and is against the consumr law as Richer Sounds have accepted.

Paul

amokuk
Voyager
Options
None of that matters for me, i bought off samsung not a retailer.
amokuk
Voyager
Options
Besides this isn't a complaint anymore, i have a court claim lodged with a case number. They can speak to the judge about it, not me. Wasted enough time giving them the benefit of the doubt
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@amokukwrote:
None of that matters for me, i bought off samsung not a retailer.

You still have the same rights if you buy off the manufacturer, because they are your retailer, and we all know the adverts and press releases and youtube videosb that came from Samsung, which if you wanted could give you a sronger case.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@amokukwrote:
Besides this isn't a complaint anymore, i have a court claim lodged with a case number. They can speak to the judge about it, not me. Wasted enough time giving them the benefit of the doubt

Did'nt see this message before I wrote about your rights. What has been Samsung's response?

I dealt with Samsung UK CEO when I gave up on their support and they were a lot better. They replaced the 65KS9500, with a Q9F which unfortunately seemed faulty and they agreed to give me a full refund even though I bought it on Amazon, which I was surprised, yet pleased with. The TV was picked up this morning and I should get the refund by bank transfer in a few days.

I can't ask for much more than that.

Looking for next TV, the Sony 65XF90 is looking good.

Paul

Paul

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@amokukwrote:

Did'nt see this message before I wrote about your rights. What has been Samsung's response?

I dealt with Samsung UK CEO when I gave up on their support and they were a lot better. They replaced the 65KS9500, with a Q9F which unfortunately seemed faulty and they agreed to give me a full refund even though I bought it on Amazon, which I was surprised, yet pleased with. The TV was picked up this morning and I should get the refund by bank transfer in a few days.

I can't ask for much more than that.

Looking for next TV, the Sony 65XF90 is looking good.

Paul

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Sorry pressed button twice

0 Likes
amokuk
Voyager
Options

I too dealt with the presidents office. They were very good at responding to me initially and offered me a smart hub. I declined. They wouldnt give me any details on why the extend was discontinued and repeated attempts to get then to give me a timeframe for hlg support got nowhere. I then sent a pre court action email and letter and asked them to acknowledge receipt of it. They have not contacted me since. I believe that the judge will not look favourably on that because according to what I have read they are legally meant to acknowledge.

amokuk
Voyager
Options

And this is because when the case comes to court they have to have provided me with discovery information. Of which i have asked for full internal discussion emails relating to both issues and the decision to discontinue and a full technical explanation of why hlg cant be implemented.

amokuk
Voyager
Options
I wont get in to details over what i am doing regarding this but having had expert advice from from a corporate lawyer i believe i have an excellent case. 14 days and counting.