Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Which USB hard drive for a UE48HU7500T smart TV?

(Topic created on: 08-12-2016 10:29 AM)
Daniel0909
First Poster
Options

Although I have a separate HDD recorder, I would also like to be able record directly from my Samsung tv to a USB hard drive, as described in the tv manual. I have contacted Samsung for their advice as I don't want to buy something that doesn't work. Sadly they were unable to help. All they could advise was 'minimum 1TB and 5400rpm'. I guess this probably narrows the search to a few thousand? A lengthy spec will mean nothing to me, but a make and model would be ideal.

Someone in the community must have fitted a USB drive to their tv that works. Can you help?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Hey Daniel, thanks for posting!

We've had a little chinwag with our AV experts, due to the massive amount of USB Hard Drives on the market (which is ever changing) we're unable to test them all out. 

They have advised that all USB Hard Drives will work fine, but to try and purchase one from one of the major brands keeping the information you have previously been provided in mind. 

Reputable electrical retailers will be happy to help you to find the perfect partnership if you pop into store.

Be sure to share with the Community which one you went for and how you get on! :womanhappy: