Did you mean: 

What's around the corner: CES 2018

(Topic created on: 23-01-2018 09:21 AM)
LiamH
Pathfinder
Options

take_01.jpg

Hey guys! 

We've kicked off 2018 by revealing a full slate of announcements, events and exhibitions that demonstrate exciting ways that our ecosystem of seamlessly connected IoT (Internet of Things) devices will change the way people live, work and play. 

Is there anything that you're excited about, or wanting to know more about?

Here are a few highlights!

"The Wall" - The world’s first modular MicroLED 146-inch TV

As the world’s first consumer modular MicroLED television, ‘The Wall’ represents another breakthrough. It can transform into any size, and delivers incredible brightness, colour gamut, colour volume and black levels. We’re excited about this next step along our roadmap to the future of screen technology, and the remarkable viewing experience it offers to consumers.

8K Picture Quality: Maximising viewer experience

We've also revealed the world’s first QLED TV featuring 8K AI technology. This AI technology upscales standard definition content to 8K resolution. This 8K solution maximizes the viewing experience through several new features. 

You can find a detailed breakdown on "The Wall" and 8K Picture Quality here.

The next generation of Family Hub

We also announced the next generation of Family Hub. Family Hub in 2018 offers a wide range of smart features that allows you to do what you couldn't do before. These include syncing up food storage with meal preparation, keeping family members better connected and organised, and providing enhanced entertainment.

You can check out all of our CES announcements at Samsung CES 2018, and the Samsung Newsroom YouTube page.

Samsung CES 2018 Press Conference 

4 REPLIES 4
AntS
Options
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Certainly technology has come a long way, some of the latest developments are mind blowing and would have been dismissed as science fiction not so long ago! Whilst not likely to be in the market at present for many of Samsung’s latest innovations I do take an interest. I am intrigued with the the Eco system involved in IOT innovations with the wide ranging connectivity available with high tech that provides such convenience to control so many devices. With Bixby voice control should go to a new level and will be available with future smart Tv’s and fridges, devices will have the intelligence to make our lives easier and whilst costs may initially be prohibitive for some there is always going to be a market for constant developments. I am in awe with the concepts in Artificial Intelligence though of course we don’t know how that will quite pan out and Samsung has 4 new labs for moving forward. I’ll include this article from last September showing how Robots could become much more sophisticated in the future and envisaged at some point to be part of everyday life Training Robots. As an aside I seen Tv show One Million from National Geographical not so long ago and it made you think, even if parts of it may seem a bit far fetched in our eyes. Apologies if this is a bit off topic. The Digital Cockpit is certainly a step beyond,see that you would be able to automatically access subscription services and Bixby offers personal assistance via voice, touch and gesture. Mobile experiences will be greatly enhanced when 5G becomes widely available with speeds up to 100 times faster, though of course with technology many are always wanting more and developers have to constantly come up with the answers. A slow speed nowadays was once considered brilliant :smiling-face:  Anyway just a few thoughts, btw liked your previous avatar though latest one cool enough 😄

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AntS
Options

@JAMES4578 wrote:

Certainly technology has come a long way, some of the latest developments are mind blowing and would have been dismissed as science fiction not so long ago!

Indeed. Growing up in the '80s the idea of being able to instantly communicate with people across the world by anything other than telephone, television or telegram was the stuff of wild dreams it seemed. Now it's commonplace.

I am in awe with the concepts in Artificial Intelligence though of course we don’t know how that will quite pan out and Samsung has 4 new labs for moving forward. I’ll include this article from last September showing how Robots could become much more sophisticated in the future and envisaged at some point to be part of everyday life Training Robots. As an aside I seen Tv show One Million from National Geographical not so long ago and it made you think, even if parts of it may seem a bit far fetched in our eyes. 

Always been fascinated with the possibilities and implications of AI too - along with those of human/machine integration. I was at Reading University when "Captain Cyborg" Kevin Warwick was there (although I never met him, sadly).

btw liked your previous avatar though latest one cool ebough 😄

LOL. I was randomly musing about if users could have GIFs as avatars on here, and so thought I’d give it a go. Us mods need to be easily picked out though, so I had to change it back.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AntS wrote:

@JAMES4578 wrote:

Certainly technology has come a long way, some of the latest developments are mind blowing and would have been dismissed as science fiction not so long ago!

Indeed. Growing up in the '80s the idea of being able to instantly communicate with people across the world by anything other than telephone, television or telegram was the stuff of wild dreams it seemed. Now it's commonplace.

Yes, somehow would seem primitive now lol! In the 80's you still had to use a Phone Box and snail Mail, many now only associate Phone Boxes with Dr Who :smiling-face:

I am in awe with the concepts in Artificial Intelligence though of course we don’t know how that will quite pan out and Samsung has 4 new labs for moving forward. I’ll include this article from last September showing how Robots could become much more sophisticated in the future and envisaged at some point to be part of everyday life Training Robots. As an aside I seen Tv show One Million from National Geographical not so long ago and it made you think, even if parts of it may seem a bit far fetched in our eyes. 

Always been fascinated with the possibilities and implications of AI too - along with those of human/machine integration. I was at Reading University when "Captain Cyborg" Kevin Warwick was there (although I never met him, sadly) .

oh right, that is interesting even if you weren't lucky enough to meet Captain Cyborg!

btw liked your previous avatar though latest one cool ebough 😄

LOL. I was randomly musing about if users could have GIFs as avatars on here, and so thought I’d give it a go. Us mods need to be easily picked out though, so I had to change it back.

Well glad you did Ant haha, though understand why that could only be temporary.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes