Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 1160.6 black screen on start

(Topic created on: 29-01-2017 04:32 PM)
phfixer2
Student
Options

I have two new samsung TV's one bought mid september the other late december , both have been suffering from a blank screen on start since update 1160.6 that was released mid Jan , I have been in touch with Samsung and have so far reset my TV's, reset my Hubs, disconnected from mains for 15 mins, then an hour and then four and then 8 hours. If I start the TV and select the source IE TV or SKY I then get the picutre and it then works fine until I next switch off the TV's for more than from two hours to 4 hours depending on how they feel, I have no admittance from Samsung yet that it was their update , but for two TV's to go wrong on the same day with the same fault after the same update is odds on favourite down to Samsung , others are suffering this and ptuuting it down to their sky Q boxes and a Handshake problem with HDMI but some now have also found out it has also had an affect on thier TV channels if they try them, as I have one that starts to TV and one to Sky and they both have the same fault I didn't need to realise the fault is not HDMI related. I have had a list of things to try from Samsung and replied telling them they have not worked and still no reply, I have gone to twitter and got a promise of a phone call, I will post on my groups on facebook soon and get it shared warning people , I am an ex serviceman and in some very large groups and I am also in some large selling groups, I will also but something on Youtube for people to see and see what response I get soon if I do not get some joy from Samsung.  

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
AntS
Options

Thanks @phfixer2.

We've sent an email to feed this back to our higher level tech folks - and included some sample posts from you and others like @UPDATEERROR and @ISG who are experiencing issues after the update. As soon as we get any update on that, we'll let you guys know.

0 Likes
phfixer2
Student
Options
Ok that is good I hope to hear soon
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Had a reply from that email @phfixer2. Our R&D guys are aware and currently investigating the issue - which isn't just restricted to Sky Q boxes.  

The advised temporary workaround is re-select the HDMI socket the set-top box is connected to from the source menu. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks @UPDATEERROR.

It sounds like an engineer needs to take a look at your TV. If you want to get in touch with our Support Teams directly, their contact details are here. Alternatively, if you PM one of us moderators (JessLKellyM, and myself are the most active) with your details we can set up an engineer visit for you.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Stevie and @Ade234. :smileyhappy:

Just to let you know our Research & Development guys are aware of this issue and currently investigating it. 

You're also both carrying out the advised temporary workaround for it too.

0 Likes
phfixer2
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply, I have had a call from Samsung today and an Engineer has made alterations to both my TV's by remote management , he has altered the settings for the HDMI and TV pictures settings in the software and I am no waiting for both TV's to be turned off for a peiod so I can test to see whether this has sorted out the problem , I will post when I have had time to evluate the repair.

0 Likes
phfixer2
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply, I have had a call from Samsung today and an Engineer has made alterations to both my TV's by remote management , he has altered the settings for the HDMI and TV pictures settings in the software and I am now waiting for both TV's to be turned off for a peiod so I can test to see whether this has sorted out the problem , I will post when I have had time to evluate the repair.

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

Return the tv its no longer fit for the purpose it was sold to you for

G G
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

Return the tv's if they have an issue siftware or hardware based still makes them not as they were sold two you as

G G
0 Likes
phfixer2
Student
Options

Had Samsung on the phone for 1 1/2 hours remote management fiddled with my settings, tried tvs aftrwards in a few hours , fault still present , no change then did this :

1. In TV (as in TV input / source) choose Menu -> Broadcasting (the latter only displays as an option when the Source is TV)

2. Choose Auto Tuning -> StandbyAutoTuning and change to "Off" (the default is "On")

This should solve the blank screen problem.

It will be interesting to know if this workaround works for other people. It has worked for me so far , I think the update has either added this to the menu or altered it turning it on during update, you will see at this option we have some time delays from 0.00 to 10.00 hours

0 Likes