Go to solution Solved

USB recording playback

(Topic created on: 17-01-2018 12:37 PM)
TimThePines
Student
Options

Hi, this is my first post,

My TV is a UE49MU6400

When trying to watch some recordings (not all) it asks for a pin number.

I have never set up any pin numbers.

Many thanks

Tim

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TimThePines
Student
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

@TimThePines wrote:

My TV is a UE49MU6400

Many thanks

Tim

try 0000

Just this second sorted it.

The recordings it did not want to play had a G symbol next to them (guidance)?

I tried several pin nos I use and one worked, I must have put one in on TV setup.

Alls fine now

Tim

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@TimThePines wrote:

My TV is a UE49MU6400

Many thanks

Tim

try 0000

Solution
TimThePines
Student
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

@TimThePines wrote:

My TV is a UE49MU6400

Many thanks

Tim

try 0000

Just this second sorted it.

The recordings it did not want to play had a G symbol next to them (guidance)?

I tried several pin nos I use and one worked, I must have put one in on TV setup.

Alls fine now

Tim

MOTHERFOSTER
First Poster
Options

forgot pin number and not recording the tv is not 12 months old and should be still on manufactures guarantee

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@MOTHERFOSTER: If you have forgotten you PIN, please check out this thread below and look at the response by @JAMES4578. Are you able to reset your PIN using the steps provided?

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Reset-PIN-Forced-factory-reset/td-p/646157
0 Likes
TonyB12
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same problem as Tim above, and I too could get into the recording by entering my PIN. However this is a bit of a pain so:

1) Does anyone know how to permanently remove the lock from the recording?

2) If I try to factory reset the PIN on the TV, will this effectively prevent any future recordings I make from asking for a PIN, even if they have the 'G' symbol.

Many thanks,

Tony

0 Likes
Members_lYXJqvJ
First Poster
Options

Hi Tony

I have the JU7000, it too is annoying when playing some movies asking for the pin, I'm sure it didn't do that when I first got the TV, it must have been a subsequent update that started making the TV do that. There is usually a parental lock you can turn on or off in the settings but in the  case of my TV, I can't find it at all. Resetting the TV to factory settings may solve it (until it updates again) but that I believe, is too extreme and I won't attempt that in case it doesn't work. Have you found a solution yet?

0 Likes
TonyB12
First Poster
Options

Hi

Thanks for your reply. The short anser is, unfortunately, no. Samsung support got back to me and showed me how to remove the parental lock, which I did but this still leaves the existing recordings unaffected. Since then I have not recorded anything transmitted with the 'parental guidance' flag so am unable to tell if the change has made any difference. I got the impression that Samsung support did not have much idea about what was going on as they were suggesting I should take the issue up with whatever freeview channels cause this when it is clearly their software which sets the pin. They also sugested trying a reset but since my TV was set up from new only a few days prior this seems to be clutching at straws.

0 Likes
Brendanderry
Student
Options

Why is this marked as solved, when it clearly isn't?  I have basically the same problem. Have zero kids on this house, so Definitely do not need a pin password or anything.  By the way I'm replying to this user because Samsung said that this is the solution!   I ask the geniuses at Samsung then If the Solution is the question then what is the Question?  Brand new QE50QN90AATXXU tv and I am a responsible adult. I have the right to decide what I want to watch in my own home with or without a PIN. (Oh that is when it bothers to record at all! This will be my Last Samsung product). Sort this Out! You take Enough Money from Us!

steve-0
First Poster
Options
Same here. We should decide if we want lock or not. End of.
0 Likes