Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE49KS7500 - Can't turn off TV with either remote power button but other buttons work

(Topic created on: 21-03-2017 10:08 AM)
Alastair
First Poster
Options

Hi I have a UE49KS7500. Recently the universal remote has compeltely stopped working - I've tried changing the battery and resetting the TV. The smart remote still works but only button not working is the power off button so I have to turn the TV off using the little button under the TV set itself. 

Any ideas? I don't understand why on the smart remote for example only the power off button is not working.

for both remotes the red led lights come on when you press a button so there is power there. 

thanks

Alastair

9 REPLIES 9
AntS
Options

Hi @Alastair.

It's an odd one that! Just to confirm, have you taken all of the steps advised in the remote control troubleshooting guide here (including re-pairing the Smart Remote)?

Prashanth
First Poster
Options
I am facing the same issue. Cannot turn off or on with remote, but rest of the buttons are working.
Using voice control to turn off and button behind tv to turn on.
0 Likes
Ste_A
Explorer
Options

I've got a 49KS7000 and a lot of the time it takes multiple presses of the power button to get it to switch on or off. I don't know why, it's an intermittent problem and is annoying. 

LudmilaFajxova
First Poster
Options

https://youtu.be/p3PfKf0ndik

Hello support group...

What is Samsung voice command for turning off television screen... We do talk... we try... we actualize television screen... we have switched to german for better voice command... but still... it doesnt turn off... what should we say? Was konnen Sie sagen? And what is command for turning on?

Btw. if we switch to "dumb" tv by "Fernsehr" command... still there is need to confirm the voice command by pressing button... this non-logic is in other parts of interaction too... is it necesary in Korea? What could go wrong with such commands? We are not setting anything... just giving simple commands... having no clue why button must be pressed for giving command and again for confirming command.... Do you use Android Voice in Google Now? Hello Google... according to Samsung white papers also Hi TV should work... but again... it does nothing... We do prefer make this work instead of seeing more of Kim the leader on screen...

0 Likes
Wojtek4
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem.  I am able to control all the TV functions and even turn the TV on but when I am trying to turn the TV off with the romote it does not work most of the time.  I am forced to unplug the cable.  Any idea what is the problem and how can it be fixed?

moginspace
First Poster
Options

Same issue. All other buttons work no problem, just the power button. Tried Re-Syncing but that didn't help.

Voice command to turn off power does kinda work but is annoying to do.

Yosh83
Student
Options

Exact same problem. Can't switch off remotely (works, but very rarely), so I have to switch off at the TV instead.

It's incredible how it's 2023 and still no solution 

0 Likes
Yosh83
Student
Options

Hello again.

I can 100% CONFIRM that this is a remote control problem. After trying basically EVERYTHING, I plugged in my firestick and calibrated the remote to the Samsung TV. It switched off and on again PERFECTLY.

I have now ordered a replacement remote for the television, thank god we got to the bottom of this.

0 Likes
guavagroove
Student
Options

I am also having the same problem. I have now tried using another remote for my other TV and still everything works except the TV off button.

Oddly it WILL turn on, just won't go off

0 Likes