Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UE43M5520 43" Smart LED TV not recognising Toshiba Canvio basics USB3.0 Hard Drive

(Topic created on: 12-02-2018 07:36 PM)
sklitch
Journeyman
Options

Hi, simply as above. Tried both USB ports, switched TV to standby and back on whilst the Hard drive is plugged in and nothing. It just says no USB device connected. I thought I had confirmed (elsewhere) that this drive was compatible.

Can anyone help?

TIA

0 Likes
Go to solution
12 REPLIES 12
sklitch
Journeyman
Options

OK, done the update. It still won't record a different channel to what we are watching. It just overrides it and changes to the scheduled programme. Not tried recording with the TV on standby but if this didn't work I don't hold out much hope. Any ideas? 

TIA

0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@sklitchwrote:

OK, done the update. It still won't record a different channel to what we are watching. It just overrides it and changes to the scheduled programme. Not tried recording with the TV on standby but if this didn't work I don't hold out much hope. Any ideas? 

TIA

I've checked a few sites and specifications state this model has only one tuner, you would need dual tuner to record different channel.  However does rule out them being incorrect.  In any case as there is also the standby issue I would do a factory reset      ( Settings Reset- Settings -Support- Self Diagnosis- Reset,  Smart Hub Reset -Settings- Support- Self Diagnosis- Reset Smart Hub )  and turn off auto tuning.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AntS
Options

@sklitch: I've checked the official spec sheets we've got at our end, and just to confirm what JAMES4578 said, that model has a single tuner, and so isn't able to record from a different channel to the one you're watching.