Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE40KU6400U TV's sound and picture are not in sync.

(Topic created on: 19-03-2018 09:30 PM)
JohnB1
Explorer
Options

I recently bought the TV.  It's great ... but I don't seem to be able to get the picture and sound in sync.

It's a very basic function of a TV to show synchronised picture and sound - so this is frustrating, and it can get annoying to watch (e.g. on close-up's of people talking).

There's a function to DELAY the sound ... which would be great, but the sound is already being delayed by the TV ... so I'd like to know how to delay the PICTURE instead?  (Or to have a negative delay for the sound).

I contacted Samsung via their website 6 weeks ago.  Got an auto-reply email saying "... a member of our helpful support team will be in contact with you shortly...".  Nothing happened.  I replied to Samsung's auto-reply email 2 weeks ago to ask where my support is.  Still nothing from Samsung!

Any ideas, please..?

66 REPLIES 66
JohnB1
Explorer
Options

Aha, I see what you mean, Dave57.

You could well be right that actual audio delay experienced is a combination of the advanced setting delay plus the user setting delay!  Brilliant!  (if a little dumb as well, on Samsung's part).

I'll keep searching for the key sequence needed to unlock my TV's advanced settings.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
vulcanben
Apprentice
Options

I have a 40KU6400 and the engineers service menu is "info", "Menu", "Mute", "power" but the "menu" button is the small "settings" down below the RED "A" button.

Unfortunatly I can't find any "External Delay" function.

0 Likes
JohnB1
Explorer
Options

Hi Vulcanben.

Thankyou ... but the sequence < info  menu  settings  power > doesn't work on my UE40KU6400U TV for some reason.

Thanks anyway.  🙂

0 Likes
vulcanben
Apprentice
Options
Sorry, its the "menu" that needs replacing with "settings"

so try

Info, settings, mute, power
0 Likes
Vilco
Journeyman
Options

Hey JohnB1,

I had the same problem as you and fought a long time with my tv to make it work. The sequence < info  menu  settings  power > worked for me but i had to wait 2 min with the tv turned off before it would work. I read that somewhere else. The wait seems necessary on the newer tv models (2016+). Try the sequence pretty fast too.

Edit: i didnt see the sequence was bad and i just copy pasted. the right combo is indeed info settings mute power with tv on stanby. I did have to wait for it to work though.

Also in my case the input delay normal was also on zero and i couldnt change it when i tried.

JohnB1
Explorer
Options

My fault, VulcanBen ... I mis-typed the sequence in my earlier reply on here.

0 Likes
JohnB1
Explorer
Options

Thanks Vilco!

Yes ... if you turn the TV to standby and then wait a minute or two before trying the sequence (fairly rapidly):

INFO .. SETTINGS .. MUTE .. POWER

It does bring up the hidden advanced / service menu.

(I'd not tried waiting a minute of two before now, but it works).

I took photos of the screen when navigating through the menu  -  so that if I accidentally changed a setting, I could then change it back again.

But, as you found, the sound delay was already set to 0 (zero) and I wasn't able to change it (ideally to something like -20 is what I would have liked to have tried).

THANKYOU.

Beware anyone else trying this:  be VERY careful not to alter anything you shouldn't!  🙂

0 Likes
Vilco
Journeyman
Options

What would be great know is to keep this thread alive and for Samsung to acknowledge that there might be a problem and keeps us informed if they are actually looking into this. It's a very annoying problem for me as i read the lips to better understand what people are saying.

0 Likes
clp1
First Poster
Options

We have had our 4K Samsung for a little over two years. At one point I talked to someone from Costco or Samsung about this issue. I was given steps to reboot to tv, similar to holding the power and home on an iPhone. It fixed the problem for a while. The problem is I didn’t write down what to do. 

0 Likes
Flugel1
Student
Options

I am having the exact same problem I have a qn65q6fn software v 1103. I have tried everything you did in previous messages and nothing works. Did you ever find a solution?

0 Likes