Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE40KU6400 Scheduled Recording not working

(Topic created on: 29-07-2017 04:28 PM)
CNash85
Apprentice
Options

My UE40KU6400 records to a USB drive when explicitly told to, and Timeshift works fine. But it will not start scheduled recordings - won't change the channel, won't start recording. The scheduled recording remains in the list even after the programme has finished. It used to work fine.

I've tried the purported fix from another thread of turning off "Standby Auto Tuning" but this didn't do anything.

My software version is T-JZMDEUC-1180.5

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

I tried the factory reset, turned eco off and auto tuneing yesterday and then set some recordings. Checked to see if it worked and it had. 

Pity Samsung did not tell me to try those solutions.

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options
I tried the factory reset, turned eco off and auto tuneing yesterday and then set some recordings. Checked to see if it worked and it had.
Pity Samsung did not tell me to try those solutions.
0 Likes
CNash85
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for replying. I'd rather not have to factory reset as I'll lose all of my tuned channels and favourite lists, but if it's the only way I might have to consider it.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Samsung support are not much use. If it's not on the guide sheet then you get a we will respond or esculate and then hear nothing. I also think this is an intermittent power issue as a USB drive powered by the TV some times works as explained below. I have also tried a powered drive with no luck as well!

You do not need a powered drive to record in standby. I have 32 Samsung with a seagate USB powered by the TV and works fine, but I have Samsung 65KS9500 which when working will record to a TV powered USB drive. All this about needing a external powered drive is rubbish as mine will not work witha powered drive as I have tried it  as I explain below.

65KS9500 Problem since August 2017 still not fixed!!!!!!!!!!!
I also updated firmware to 1208.2, still will not record from the planner when on of in standby. Now had a new one box, new main board, tried 2 USB drives all over 1 ter and a powered drive, all so turning off auto tuning, factory reset and still it will not record. The drives have been formatted by the TV and have loads of space. Will time shift and record what I am watching so they do work. I think it must be some thing with the power supply and I now thing it's time for a repacement TV, pleaseeeeeee.
Oh got told off for posting to much. Think is if the TV worked or was fixed I would not be here, so come on Samsung sort this out and make some of your customers happy again with their Samsung TV's!!!!

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Samsung support are not much use. If it's not on the guide sheet then you get a we will respond or esculate and then hear nothing. I also think this is an intermittent power issue as a USB drive powered by the TV some times works as explained below. I have also tried a powered drive with no luck as well!

65KS9500 Problem since August 2017 still not fixed!!!!!!!!!!!
I also updated firmware to 1208.2, still will not record from the planner when on of in standby. Now had a new one box, new main board, tried 2 USB drives all over 1 ter and a powered drive, all so turning off auto tuning, factory reset and still it will not record. The drives have been formatted by the TV and have loads of space. Will time shift and record what I am watching so they do work. I think it must be some thing with the power supply and I now thing it's time for a repacement TV, pleaseeeeeee.
Oh got told off for posting to much. Think is if the TV worked or was fixed I would not be here, so come on Samsung sort this out and make some of your customers happy again with their Samsung TV's!!!!

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

lat002 wrote:

Hi Paul1277,

I've just re-read your post about the USB ports and hard drives. Samsung in the user manual for your TV state that a hard drive must be connected to the USB (HDD) port and they recommend use of a hard drive with it's own poer adapter (which I know you said you have). I have read of other people having issues with their hard drive when connected to other USB ports so surely it's worth a try?

I have also read that although your TV has 2 tuners, 1 is for Freesat and 1 is for Freeview. If true this is like my TV, so depending upon what TV service you are using (viz: Freesat or Freeview) you could well be having the same problems that I wrote about in my last post. If you are using Freeview you will likely be limited by the Freeview transmission by Multiplex. This is nothing to do with Samsung. If the hard disk that is connected to the TV is recording (say) BBC1 (which is transmitted from Multiplex BBCA), I can only tune the TV into another station using the BBC A multiplex (which are BBC 2 or BBC 4).

For information the list of Freeview chanels and the associated Multiplex can be found on lots of websites. This link is one such: http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings

Hope this helps. Good luck!

OK there are 3 USB ports 1 on the TV side, and 2 on the one connect. On the one connect there is a 1 amp and a 0.5 amp USB 2. The 1 amp USB has plenty of power to power a USB drive. I know this because the recording has worked in the past with a Seagate USB plugged into 1 amp port and it worked for a week after I had done a factory reset and disabled auto tuning. I had a new one connect with no luck, and they then changed the main board which worked and recorded every thing as advertised. Then 2 weeks later my last recording was on the 17/11/17 and since then it will not record either when the TV is on or in standby. Thats 3 days of work waiting for the engineers.I have also tried a mains powered USB and again no luck. Thing is it will do timeshift and will record a program I am watching.

As to your comment about tuners this TV has 2 freesat and 2 freeveiw and I do have 2 imputs from my dish for freesat.

I can not understand all the stuff about the multiplex transmissions, because if that was the case it would not have worked in the past. Also why I dissagree with you is because I have a 32inch Samsung Smart TV in another room which has worked from day 1 and still works and records evey thing I ask of it, and the same with a Samsung Freesat recorder I have that also records eveything without any problems.

I don't know if you work for Samsung but this is a list of excusses that are typical of Samsung. They are basically trying to ware us down so we give up, as some I think have. Family have other smart TV's like LG, Sony, Panasonic, and I have been told they all record as advertised and without any of this so called multiplex issues. I also updated the firmware to 1208.2 yesterday which again made no difference apart from slowing the TV down to a crawl, which is another thing to deal with.

I been resonable since August with Samsung and have a new connect and main board PCD fitted and it still will not work. I know with most people it seems to be OK so all I want now is a replacement TV that will work as advertised.

To sum up I have tried all of Samsungs advice (which was very little) 2 USB drives 1 powered USB and a stick drive, had parts of the TV repaced and yet it still does not work. I just can not understand how a company at the leading edge of TV design can not easily sort this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Again Samsung informed me via Facebook messenger that Samsung support would contact me last Sunday. Guess what, nothing. Martin Daws the people who changed the main board to try to repair the TV also contacted Samsung tech over 2 weeks ago, and again no reply (not even to their own contracted repairers). 

Thing is I have been dealing with Hewlett Packard, over a printer my son bought me 7 months ago, that had developed a fault. I spoke to them on the help line and after spending a bit of time running through tests they accepted there was fault, and ordered a replacement for me whilst on the phone and now I have a brand new replacement printer. It was easy and freindly and very professionaly dealt with. Now that is what I call service, brill, and I will now always buy from them and will always recommend them. Well done Hewlett Packard. 

How I wish Samsung were just half as good but this has been on going since August 2017, not very good at all.

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Yes not very good of Samsung is it, although if you've had a replacement board that's basically a whole new TV I should think anyway, and it still didn't work for long.

Yes it isn't affecting everyone it seems, but software bugs can be very hard to track down.  It may be combination of channels you are recording, what transmitter you are on, even other unrelated settings on the TV that come into play, and it would need someone else to have the exact same triggers to cause it to stop in the same way.  Of course there will be other people, but so few it is getting a low priority at Samsung most likely.

It doesn't sound like a hardware problem to me, certainly if you've had a whole new board, so seems to point to a software problem that only gets triggered in some rare circumstances.

If Samsung aren't admiting to a software issue and are not able to replicate it they must be saying it's a fault on your TV and should replace it really, or the retailer should if they can't repair it, and at least if you get the same problem again everyone knows it is most likely the software.

I wish you luck in sorting it out, it's very annoying this sort of things and these TVs aren't cheap.  

I'm going to give our TV a go as a PVR and ordered a hard-drive and enclosure I can dedicate to it, I'll let you know how I get on, although ours is a different model (QLED Q7F).

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

It's odd how it worked after a factory reset and disable auto retune for a couple of weeks, then stopped, and when the main board was changed again worked for a couple of weeks again stopped. Thing is it has been going on since August and no luck. My other problem is I bought from Amazon market place and it was only when I tried to intiate a section 75 credit claim against DA Tech who I got it from that I was told I had lost my section 75 rights because I had bought through a third party, which was Amazon. DA Tech have not replied to my emails, and Amazon just say I am out side their A to Z warranty so a bit stuffed really.

0 Likes