Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE40KU6400 Scheduled Recording not working

(Topic created on: 30-11-2017 12:02 PM)
CNash85
Apprentice
Options

My UE40KU6400 records to a USB drive when explicitly told to, and Timeshift works fine. But it will not start scheduled recordings - won't change the channel, won't start recording. The scheduled recording remains in the list even after the programme has finished. It used to work fine.

I've tried the purported fix from another thread of turning off "Standby Auto Tuning" but this didn't do anything.

My software version is T-JZMDEUC-1180.5

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

With Amazon you need to go through quite a few steps on their site but eventually you find an option to email them.  I've had things replaced under the consumer act long after they claim not to cover stuff, although I don't know if they are liable if it is a reseller, perhaps not or a grey area.

To me it doesn't sound odd it stops after a few weeks of working, this sounds typically like some database corruption or memory leak, it gets to a certain size perhaps then some bad code tries to parse old data or it starts writing over itself due to no memory left and becomes corrupt.  This sort of thing has happened with standalone PVRs before now when the guide has grown bigger than it was designed for.  Can you remove unused channels from the TV line up?   That often trims the guide down and reduces it's foot print.  Do you have duplicated channels from another transmitter perhaps?  It's a long shot but worth having a look.  Auto tuning could see duplicate channels added when whether conditions allow from a distant transmitter and may explain how turning that off helps mitigate the problems.

Good luck with it all.

Regards

Phil

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Thanks for that, getting no where with they just say it's DA Tech issue, and DA Tech not replying. I will look trimming the channels but what upsets me is how poor Samsung support is.

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

I had very similar poor support from LG about a washing machine.  Then you find out it's all outsourced and warranty is nothing more than the company taking out an insurance policy to cover their warranties.  Long gone are the days where these companies have a fleet of their own dedicated engineers that become very familiar dealing with the same products and have a dedication and commitment to the company to fix something.

When you speak to Samsung support, are you speaking to someone at Samsung or an outsourced call centre?  

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
gef92
Student
Options
I have a UE65JS9500 and have issues not recording on standby too as well as the Timeshift has stopped working, having been fine. The TV has not been updated and I am using a samsung HDD so no input from to cause a change in operation.
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Good luck because Samsung support are not very good on this issue As I do not think thet know what the issue is. What I find odd is I have an older 32 inch Samsung TV which works perfectly.

0 Likes
TerryLong
First Poster
Options

After much effort I think (only think!) I may have the solution. when scheduling a recording you must leave the tv tuned to the same channel that you want to record from when the set is in standby. It will then record the program. It would appear that the tv cannot switch channels to record when the set is in standby. I have also scheduled 3 programs in standby and they all record. Once it has recorded the first program that is on the same channel the tv was left in it will switch to other channel programs that you have scheduled. The 3 channels I scheduled were all on different multiplexers so no problem there.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@TerryLongwrote:

After much effort I think (only think!) I may have the solution. when scheduling a recording you must leave the tv tuned to the same channel that you want to record from when the set is in standby. It will then record the program. It would appear that the tv cannot switch channels to record when the set is in standby. I have also scheduled 3 programs in standby and they all record. Once it has recorded the first program that is on the same channel the tv was left in it will switch to other channel programs that you have scheduled. The 3 channels I scheduled were all on different multiplexers so no problem there.

Hope this helps

I had that same problem and would work for 3 weeks and then stop recording.  I did factory resets and that would fix it for another couple of weeks then stop again. Samsung changed the main board worked again for a couple more weeks. Samsung exchanged my ks for a q9, and this did the same.  Samsung did tell me they were having unresolved problems with recording and they gave me a full refund. 

Paul

0 Likes