Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv

(Topic created on: 18-02-2019 08:54 PM)
Johnbethesda
Student
Options

Bought a smart tv 26/11/17. Bottom of my screen is covered in lines. Samsung refuse to fix it. 14 months old!!!! Always bought samsung. Very dissapointed !!!

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We're sad to hear this, @Johnbethesda. What's the model code of your TV? Are you able to send us a photo of your TV screen?

0 Likes
Johnbethesda
Student
Options

15505205437781257785623.jpg

15505205645791361686418.jpg

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Thanks @Johnbethesda. Does this show on the picture test on your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Start Picture Test.

0 Likes
Johnbethesda
Student
Options
Yes. Done the test yesterday to.
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

It does look as though an engineer will need to take a look, @Johnbethesda. Have you been given the details of your nearest Service Centre?

Oldyellr
Journeyman
Options

@Johnbethesda wrote:

Bought a smart tv 26/11/17. Bottom of my screen is covered in lines. Samsung refuse to fix it. 14 months old!!!! Always bought samsung. Very dissapointed !!!

Of all the TVs I've owned, starting in the 1960s, they all lasted at least 10 years and were economivcally repaired if something failed. My first Samsung smart TV, bought in 2013, lasted just 4 years when a spider web pattern began to appear starting at the bottom left corner of the screen, and then it failed.  So far my second Samsung smart TV is approaching 16 months. I hope what you experienced is not now typical.

0 Likes
Johnbethesda
Student
Options
No. Not been told to. What will it cost me.?
0 Likes
DannyT
Options
We wouldn't be able to comment on any costs. The cost (if any) would need to be discussed with the engineers when you contact them.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Johnbethesda , sorry you have had issues and hope the cost will not be prohibitive.   Whilst certainly should not be typical nowadays think the average lifespan of an LCD Tv is thought to be around 6-7 years.   Certainly you could not wait 10 years if it did last without it being outmoded,though some may be fine with a functioning model.  https://your4ktvguide.com/how-long-do-led-tvs-last-myths-vs-reality/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.