Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to connect Smart TV with S8 (Samsung Connect), times out every time.

(Topic created on: 08-12-2017 12:30 PM)
paulsutcliffe
Apprentice
Options

Afternoon all,

After a lot of googling I've failed to find an answer...

We've got a UE49MU6120, all set up and working great. Using my S8 I've tried to connet to the TV using the Samsung Connect app (the end goal is to link the samsung connect account with the Alexa skill) but no joy. It finds the TV fine but when it tries to connect it whizzes up to 51% and then stops. There's then a message to say it's taking too long and refuses to connect.

The best I've found through my searches is that you need to activate the TVs visibility but I can't find this in any of the settings. We've also tried with my wifes S8 and that does exactly the same thing.

Any advice anyone can give would be much appreciated. I'm beginningt o suspect I might need a Smartthings hub but nothing has said that that I've found yet.

With Virgin on a superhub 3 if that helps.

Thanks all!

23 REPLIES 23
AntS
Options

Hi all! And thanks!

There is an update to 1151.1 available. If you're unable to update over-the-air/network you can download it from your model's Support page on to a USB, extract it, and update your TV from that.

@Llyr: Yours would be here: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE49MU6220KXXU/

@paulsutcliffe and @Grantk, I wasn't able to find your exact models on the UK site, but it'd be worth Googling your full model numbers to find the relevant Support page to download the update from.

Once you've updated, can you let us know if you're now able to connect to your phones via Samsung Connect successfully?

0 Likes
paulsutcliffe
Apprentice
Options

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you. That software update via USB has solved the connectivity issues. Any ideas why the TV wasn't picking up the update over the air?

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

They seem to do the over air update months after the USB. I think it's to make sure there are ***** ups in the update before releasing to all the TV's. So we are doing the testing for free. 

0 Likes
MA86
Student
Options

Having exactly same problem, except it's my laptop (Asus GL702VM with GTX 1060).

Sees the TV (UE65MU6195), I click on TV, asks if it connects, I click "accept" or something, then screen goes black... nothing and then returns back to whatever it was doing before.

These TV:s need some serious firmware update regarding connectivity to devices.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks for getting back to us @paulsutcliffe - and no worries about the delay. Glad to know it's sorted. TV firmware updates tend to be released directly onto the relevant website Support page first before they go on to hit the waves, so it's always worth checking there as well as through the Settings.

@MA86: Is your UE65MU6195 on the latest software version for it?

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
I have had this issue on my KS8000 for months. I will see if there is an update as I usually would do the USB updates when they were available.
0 Likes
MA86
Student
Options

@MA86: Is your UE65MU6195 on the latest software version for it?"

Yes, it's running version 1147 and there are no newer updates available.

0 Likes
MA86
Student
Options

You guys working out for the fix? Have you informed the developers to fix this issue?

I'm getting upset since I really like the TV otherwise but I can't get it to connect on my laptop.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@MA86: Is your TV Finnish by any chance? If so, the Support page for it will be here: http://www.samsung.com/fi/support/model/UE65MU6195UXXC/ - and it looks like they've posted an update to firmware version 1151.1 for download just yesterday.

0 Likes
Mikey71
Student
Options

@MA86 wrote:

You guys working out for the fix? Have you informed the developers to fix this issue?

I'm getting upset since I really like the TV otherwise but I can't get it to connect on my laptop.

I've had the same problem used the smart tutor app so a Samsung tech rep could look at my Samsung s7 edge did everything including a full factory reset still not working has to be a software update issue as my Samsung tablet can't connect now either this is very poor from Samsung.

0 Likes