Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV won't add HD Channels

(Topic created on: 12-02-2017 04:15 PM)
JAW
First Poster
Options

My two year old LED Full HD Tv won't download new HD channels. It has all the original ones, but new ones like BBC 4, Talking Pictures won't appear. I have rebooted with and without the aerial, as suggested, but it doesn't help. Any other ideas? (Software is also up to date). Thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

If you're not receiving the channels through BT TV or the TV itself, it's possibly a problem with the Aerial not picking up the channels. 

Please enter your postcode into the Coverage Checker to see if the channels are available in your area.

If the channels are listed, we recommend resetting the TV and running through the setup again. Please ensure you select the correct Primary and Secondary region so that your TV connects to the right transmitter for your area. To reset your TV, go to: Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12
AntS
Options

Hi there, JAW! :smileyhappy:

What's the model code of your TV? And any other TV's in your place that can receive those channels okay? 

0 Likes
JAW
First Poster
Options
It's UE43J55
0 Likes
JessL
Voyager
Options

Do you have anything connected to your TV, what are you watching the channels on? 

0 Likes
JAW
First Poster
Options

I have BT TV, I can't get it on that or direct to the TV through Freeview.

0 Likes
Solution
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

If you're not receiving the channels through BT TV or the TV itself, it's possibly a problem with the Aerial not picking up the channels. 

Please enter your postcode into the Coverage Checker to see if the channels are available in your area.

If the channels are listed, we recommend resetting the TV and running through the setup again. Please ensure you select the correct Primary and Secondary region so that your TV connects to the right transmitter for your area. To reset your TV, go to: Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset.

Jrwells
First Poster
Options

Only select pictures on channels will show after programming, just the sound

0 Likes
HBa
First Poster
Options

This is an old thread but I’m having the same problem with my new UE43NU7400. I have digital terrestrial but only a few HD channels, BBC1 , 2, itv, Channel 4, CBBC. I’ve followed the instructions to reset and there’s no change to what I can see. I’ve checked the coverage checker and I should be getting more. What else should I try?

0 Likes
JAW
First Poster
Options

Actually, it ended up being the antenna!

The TV had been picking up the signal only from the cable up the wall to the antenna, which had been disconnected. I replaced the antenna and cabling and it fixed everything.

0 Likes
HBa
First Poster
Options
Hi, thanks. Did you need a new aerial, or were you just adjusting the connection to the one you already had?
0 Likes