Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV switches itself on randomly between 3am and 5am

(Topic created on: 21-08-2018 05:48 PM)
Matt74uk
Apprentice
Options

My KS8000 seems to randomly switch itself on between roughly 3am and 5am if the TV arieal is connected.  If I unplug it, it's fine.  I think this could be when the EPG is broadcast over UK Freeview.

There are no alarms set, I've even tried setting one for 8am and it still comes on between 3am and 5am.

Does anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @Matt74uk,

That sounds rather odd. 

How long has this been happening and does it happen every night? Have you tried using a different aerial cable? What software version is your TV running on at the moment? Go to: Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. 

0 Likes
Matt74uk
Apprentice
Options

I've only just got around to plugging in the arieal as have been watching TV through a Virgin media box up until now, so it's always done it from my point of view (TV was purchased in Feb 2017)

There are now enough little "quirks" to make me think there's a problem with this television.

• Often looses sound when switching between blu-ray and virgin box connected via an AV reciever.  Seems to think there's no receiver attached so defaults to TV Speakers, even though the picture is fine.  Have to unplug HDMI cable and switch everything back on again to get it to allow the receiver to play the sound.
  • Forever telling me it's detected something plugged in to HDMI1 and wants to configure the smart controller even though this has been done (maybe this is because I have to unplug it as above).
  • Switches on between 3am and 5am randomly.
  • Starts up with a black screen showing channel 101.  Have to press home button before it will show the channel.

Software Version: T-JZMDEUC-1165.1, BT-S  (Was updated at the weekend, didn't fix any of the issue seen)

Sub-micom Version: T-JZMDEUS-1007

On the plus

0 Likes
Solution
Matt74uk
Apprentice
Options
I logged a support call. Looks like the switching on was something to do with Standby Autotune. Under the Broadcast menu, there's the option to disable this so the television doesn't attempt to autotune while it's in standby mode.
DBlair
First Poster
Options

The Broadcasting section is greyed out so I can’t select it, is there another way to switch auto tune off?

0 Likes
ianmullen
Student
Options

If broadcast is greyed out, you need to go back to the home screen and select”Terrestial” then go to settings and the broadcast options will be available. There is no broadcast option for a box (Sky, Virgin, YouView etc)

fraunberger
First Poster
Options

I do not see anything that =says terre3strial or Antenae

0 Likes
ianmullen
Student
Options

The box called “Live TV Terrestial”

Steves61
First Poster
Options

Unable to switch off auto tune as broadcast is unavailable 

0 Likes
CaptainLorca
Journeyman
Options

Broadcasting can only be accessed when you are on TV+plus mode, so go there first and then come back to Settings, Broadcasting  will now be in bold. Then: Broadcasting > Auto Tuning Settings > Standby Auto Tuning > Turn off.

I have just tried it myself so I will come back here in a week to tell you if it works as my TV keeps turning itself on overnight!

0 Likes