Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV recording or buy a new PVR?

(Topic created on: 01-02-2019 10:25 AM)
richardg
Explorer
Options

I have just bought a new Samsung MU7000 TV and I am trying to decide whether to invest in an SSD external drive to record TV programmes as streaming catch up services don't always keep the programmes I want for long enough. I also want to buy an upscaling 4K UHD Blu Ray player. The comments on this forum about the problems of recording direct from TV are putting me off the external drive solution and I am now considering getting a combined Blu Ray/PVR box instead.  What do you think?

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
richardg
Explorer
Options

So, I bit the bullet and bought a WD 2TB external hard drive and plugged it into one of the ports on the control box. Recorded live TV with no problem so set up to record something after I had gone to bed. Checked this morning and no recordings there. Looks like I am suffering the same problems that others have reported. Have now tried turning off Standby Auto Tune and have scheduled another recording. Let's see what happens. 

ps_davies
First Poster
Options
I have been having a similar problem. I can record one programme at a time (via external HD), either by live recording or setting it to record in advance. However when I go to change to another channel when live recording I get the message that this will stop current recording. If I select for example NETFLIX there is no problem. Does this product really have twin tuners!? (as advertised). The very detailed instructions from Samsung somehow do not seem to indicate how the twin tuners actually operate.
MityaAtanasov
Apprentice
Options

I bought a Samsung Smart TV NU7092 , and I want to record a tv show (playing on the TV) on a file (on USB or SSD, so I can watch it on my PC when I want to) - please, help me how to do it. 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@MityaAtanasov wrote:

I bought a Samsung Smart TV NU7092 , and I want to record a tv show (playing on the TV) on a file (on USB or SSD, so I can watch it on my PC when I want to) - please, help me how to do it. 

Sorry but I don't think you can.  It is down to copyright.  I use a seperate Freeview recorder so I can play on any other tv.  I am not sure if the nu series can record to USB. Need to ask a moderator here who are very helpful,  and will probably reply to this post. 

Paul

MityaAtanasov
Apprentice
Options

Thank you !

MityaAtanasov
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I just bought a Samsung Smart TV NU7092 , and I want to record a kids tv show (playing on the TV) on a file (on USB or SSD, so I can play it again on my PC to the child. Please, help me how to do it. I dont have a "record" button on the remote control and I dont see a "record" option in the TV menu ?

MityaAtanasov
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I just bought a Samsung Smart TV NU7092 , and I want to record a kids tv show (playing on the TV) on a file (on USB or SSD, so I can play it again on my PC to the child. Please, help me how to do it. I dont have a "record" button on the remote control and I dont see a "record" option in the TV?!

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@MityaAtanasov wrote:

Hello, I just bought a Samsung Smart TV NU7092 , and I want to record a kids tv show (playing on the TV) on a file (on USB or SSD, so I can play it again on my PC to the child. Please, help me how to do it. I dont have a "record" button on the remote control and I dont see a "record" option in the TV?!

Pretty sure it does not have a record ability. Only on the q series. Saves Samsung some money. 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @MityaAtanasov. There are some recent models that are unable to record and this may be one of them (it's not a UK model so I don't have the specs to hand). I can tell you that anything recorded to an external hard drive can't run off another device (there may also be some programmes or channels that can't be recorded for copyright reasons).

tranx
Pioneer
Options

Yes the twin tuners for Terrestrial and/or Satellite TV are to enable recording while you watch something else but, along with others here, our last two Samsung TV's would not work for scheduled recording through the EPG, only by direct recording of a current programme: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Thoughts-on-the-new-2018-QLED-TV/td-p/512239/high...

If you want to pre-book recordings it is probably best to get a PVR

0 Likes