Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Screen has dark section

(Topic created on: 22-02-2019 02:27 PM)
Earnest
First Poster
Options

Just purchased this TV last night at the local warehouse club and was excited to get home. Imagine my disappointment when surprised with a display that’s half-dark right out of the box. This is my third Samsung flat screen and never had this problem.  It’ll be going back to the store tonight, as i’m not in the mood for troubleshooting and opening up the back to fiddle with connections on the circuit boards. A real  inconvenience to get it home, and now have to take it back. 

3F0D025E-2176-4410-A0C4-BAA34D54EE5F.jpeg

221ED564-0040-47FF-8F88-175D45ED88FF.jpeg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Sad to hear this @Earnest. Did you manage to get your TV replaced?

0 Likes
Earnest
First Poster
Options

Hello Chris, thanks for the reply and sorry about the late response. 

But I took the TV back to the retailer and got a refund. The clerk at the store was required to take the TV out of the box and power it up to confirm my complaint of about a third of the display being blacked out. 

Although there were several TVs of the same brand and model on the shelves, I decided not to risk getting another one, hauling it home and experiencing the same problems. So I decided I would wait awhile and maybe try again later with maybe a more expensive model with even more display size and resolution. I have never had problems in the past with Samsung technology, but maybe my luck ran out, as this particular model was slightly discounted.  

Thanks for reaching out on my dilemma.

Earnest

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No problem, @Earnest! Keep us up to date when you decide to make your next purchase!

0 Likes
IceRefEddie
First Poster
Options

TV Fading.jpg

Got the same problem except it's on the left side. TV is up to date software wise. Its a UE65RU7100K. I got it in January of 2019. I'm guessing back light but not sure. 1 year warranty is up. Any ideas? this is my first Samsung. It was impressive until this happened. I have a Samsung Plasma that weighs a ton that still works great. how did the engineers screw this up?

0 Likes