Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 13-03-2017 03:38 PM)
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

We have a 55JU6800 TV which is just 18 months old.   We have a problem that started a few months ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  Now, though, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a fix for it?

Go to solution
207 REPLIES 207
JayRawl
Apprentice
Options

All good for me too. Definitely needed the replacement screen to solve...

Jorg56
Journeyman
Options

I have a Samsung 60 UHD TV UN60KU6270FX and the left side of screen has a dim spot on it about the size of a piece of normal paper. It is a game breaker for me. I called Samsung and they said it is over one year old and they could not help. I have told my family and friends to buy a TV like the one I bought and now feel bad that I have to tell them the problem and No help at all from Samsung. I guess they just want everyone to buy a new TV every 12.5 months. They acted like they cared less and did not even want to talk about it. I will never buy another any Samsung and I will tell all my family and friends. The job I retired from required me to travel and I have friends all over the U.S. and for several years when they have problems with company's or things like it we pass the word and we are able to reach many people. I would guess over 50,000 people and that is on the low side and it is not counting their family and friends that we encourage them to pass the word to.  One thing I know is if you hurt their pocket book you get their attention.

0 Likes
Jorg56
Journeyman
Options

I fully agree. I think if Samsung does not take care of all these same kind of problems quick then it is time for a Class Action Lawsuit. Please Reply

Jorg56
Journeyman
Options
They put my post at the bottom. I think if Samsung will not fix all of these problems quick it is time for a class action lawsuit. Please Reply
GiaThom
First Poster
Options
I just called Samsung about this issue and was told this can happen with any TV. Which I think is untrue. I’ve had similiar TV’s for the last 15 years and I’ve never seen anything like this or have anything like this happen. Count me in on any Class Actions Lawsuits.
JayRawl
Apprentice
Options

Well, technically an unexpected fault CAN happen with any TV -  As it can with a Car, or a phone, or even a clock!

The point is - as a manufacturer you have a duty to acknowledge and address faults.

If Samsung is experiencing a high number of Incidents in regards to a particular model that is demonstrating a greater than expected frequency, then it should be addressed as a Problem, that requires investigation and workarounds for your customer.  

What is worrying is to try to use your first line support to try an convince you as a customer to live with it.

My suggestion is to Reject this assessment by the first line 'engineer' and insist that you Incident is escalated for further analysis and insist your Incident remains Open until Resolution.

0 Likes
dshakey
First Poster
Options

I have same problem. On my 49inch 6400 TV. It will be two years this month. So out of warranty. The right side for me is darker and looks like it's shaded.

Rang logged issue. Had to prove proof of purchase and they going to send somebody out.

Just wondering what it going to cost for call out and repair? Anybody paid this bwfore?

Guessing I'll be buying new TV in Christmas sales but will not be a Samsung.

Bjarne2824
Apprentice
Options

Same here 

1/3 of The lower Screen dark After 2 years.

Lucky that I bought 4 years Service...

Lcd Replaced , so there must be problems with Samsung 

SarahC1
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Was this fixed under warranty please? As ours is nearly 2 years old and the black lined area has just appeared . And shows on picture test too. 

Thanks 

Jorg56
Journeyman
Options

No, my TV was never fixed by Samsung or the store that I bought it from. I have told many people about how Samsung has treated me and others with problems like the one I have. Samsung could care less and never plan on fixing anyone's TV after the 12 months has passed. They do not even want to speak to me. I will never buy any product made by Samsung. I have told my story and many have heard. I just hope they will also make sure they buy a better product than Samsung in the future. I wish I had good news, but when it comes to Samsung the word good never comes up in the same sentence