Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 13-03-2017 03:38 PM)
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

We have a 55JU6800 TV which is just 18 months old.   We have a problem that started a few months ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  Now, though, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a fix for it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

Yes, it was returned to the company we bought it from and they repaired it.  It has been OK ever since.  I did take a lot of various screen shots to send to them to explain the problem.  I hope you can get yours resolved under warranty.

View solution in context

207 REPLIES 207
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @Jengar,

Does the dark section show in a Picture Test? Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test. 

Jengar
Apprentice
Options

Hi Kelly,

yes,  we have done the self diagnosis picture test and the darkness is still there.

the software code is T-HKMDEUC-14804

the serial number is OC4H3HGG800785W

what happens next?

0 Likes
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Hey, @Jengar

As the darkness is still there, could you give our Support Team a call on 0330 726 786.

They'll be able to assist you further with this. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
walshy
First Poster
Options

Same thing here, its in for repair atm , having the panel replaced, its back on monday. heres some picsIMG_20170412_235545096.jpgIMG_20170412_235820284.jpgIMG_20170413_103329937.jpgIMG_20170413_240048277.jpgIMG_20170413_240130711.jpg

AidenWest
First Poster
Options

I also have a problem I used the itv hub to show the whole bottom half has a dark shadowI also have a problem I used the itv hub to show the whole bottom half has a dark shadow

xTETRODOTOXINx
First Poster
Options

Just ran into this problem. 1514676282670456317724.jpg

Just ran into the same issue starting last week. Did you get yours resolved?

Solution
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

Yes, it was returned to the company we bought it from and they repaired it.  It has been OK ever since.  I did take a lot of various screen shots to send to them to explain the problem.  I hope you can get yours resolved under warranty.

BrokenTV
First Poster
Options

Got the beginning of this problem too. TV is around 13/14 months old, absolutely livid as it's the second Samsung TV I've owned which has broken after a year.

Will repair, sell and not buy a Samsung to replace it. 

Can't belive an expensive purchase is of such an inferior quality that it can't last 24 months smh

Was a UE40KU6100 btw, discontinued rubbish that cost me £550.

DomOS
Student
Options

Hi,

Do you know what the exact problem was that they fixed?  I have the same issue and it would be great to know what needs to be done as I am out of warranty and will be paying for it myself.