Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 17-01-2019 04:10 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
Boele
Apprentice
Options

When I called, I was told that it was not possible to disable the Roku channels, trailers or TV plus. The service menu was the only way that worked. 

endpoint101
Navigator
Options

@AntS wrote:

For peeps wanting to permanently remove TV Plus, the best thing to do is to contact our AV Support team by phone or Live Chat when you're with your TV, and they will guide you through the process.

Is there no possibility of putting the steps in this forum? You might as well do it before someone else does it unofficially... 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@endpoint101 wrote:

@AntS wrote:

For peeps wanting to permanently remove TV Plus, the best thing to do is to contact our AV Support team by phone or Live Chat when you're with your TV, and they will guide you through the process.

Is there no possibility of putting the steps in this forum? You might as well do it before someone else does it unofficially... 

Why can Samsung just put a switch in the menu settings to disable it?  Sounds simply to me. 

0 Likes
Pegatron
Student
Options

I added the steps but someone from samsung removed them as they may "brick the tv".

Anyway it has been posted over on reddit im not putting the link here it will just be removed again.

I dont think its fair that we pay a lot money for these TV's but then still get stuck with adverts / tv trailers from samsung with not even an option to hide or remove them. I dont use freeview and i never will. So i dont care for the apps or what great features it can do.

And, Anytime i did "Remove from home" the stupid TV Plus advert comes back after a day or 2 anyway. Very buggy

Quick google search will help you find it.

Ciao

0 Likes
DetectiveHolmes
Apprentice
Options

It's 2019 now. Who knows what the updates are doing to us all. My TV just wants to autoplay TV no matter what whenever I turn on the tv  even though I have the option checked in settings to autoplay the last app used .. turn the tv on and it won't go right to Netflix or Google play, it auto plays random tv I don't want. Here's what I've done to make things work out for me ... considering this is a TV where I strictly control the content because of my young children so we only watch Google Play and Netflix.

1) Went to 'apps'. Clicked on settings icon top right and deleted every app I dont want including TV+

2) Pressed channel list on my remote. Selected all and deleted

3) This is the only thing that has actually been useful for me ... 'menu' on remote. Clicked 'broadcasting'. Clicked 'program rating lock setting' and I locked up every single age rating on every single country. Now when I turn on my TV it tries to autoplay a channel I dont want, blocks itself, announces it cant play xyz TV because it is PG rating etc and wants a pin number to override the block. I simply click 'Source' on the remote and navigate to the app I do want. Even though I blocked every age category on the broadcast setting it has not blocked me from watching any of my movies on Netflix or Google Play no matter what the rating :smiling-face: Good luck you guys!

Whenmaker
Pioneer
Options
Hi everyone,

this is also an emerging problem here in Germany. If you get rid of TV+ via the service menu they say you’ll lose your warranty. A lot of customers returned their 2018 TV‘s already.
This and the lost DTS capability is rediculous.

All the best
0 Likes
syncan
Journeyman
Options

Thank you so much for the "Delete All Channels hack"!!

DEAR SAMSUNG: the TV Plus you forced upon your customers (yeah, that update you did to my great TV) is just horrible. It's annoying, has terrible video and audio quality, and the content is amateur and poor. There's no value. PROVIDE A CLEAR OPTION TO DISABLE/DELETE THIS GARBAGE APP YOU ARE FORCING UPON YOUR CONSUMERS.

syncan
Journeyman
Options
I believe the point was to delete the horrible TVPlus app, not restore it?
LindseyM
First Poster
Options

Under sources I don’t have “Live TV” option... I just have TV Plus, my Blu-ray player, Apple TV, Connection Guide, & Universal remote

0 Likes
SHJ723
First Poster
Options

We just developed this problem this evening.  We have Fioptics service, but it was locked on the TVPlus trash.  I went through the channel deleting solution, but it still left me stuck on one of the TvPlus channels. 

It did not show my HDMI as an available source, but if I switched to "computer" as the source it would try to play the normal Fioptics program.  I noticed that the second option on my home screen task bar (to the right of the guide) was "cable/local TV" or something like that.  I didn't remember having that before so I removed it from the task bar and it immediately returned me to our normal Fioptics service.

0 Likes