Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 02-05-2018 10:41 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
Solution
Gregory_7
Student
Options
It was the same for me, I checked out (Delete) all TV Plus channels in the channel list. now it doesnt show up anymore.. for now atleast :smiling-face: . Source -> Live TV -> Channel List -> select TV plus -> Select all channels ->Delete
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

This is how I fixed mine
Home button - Channels List - Edit channels - Restore TV plus/remove TV plus

With the new updates Samsung have listened and it is alot more accessible to remove or restore TV plus now

Nick77
Journeyman
Options

Hi Tim.

Ive a ue43ku6670. The last update to firmware 1220 was done on my tv 2 days ago and it added in tv plus app as my tv didn't come with it built in. I also have the same issue as you so I was advised by Samsung to go to Channel list on the Samsung remote and delete the tv plus channels, then I was told to delete the app from the smart hub and touch wood it doesnt come up with the trailers when I switch off my bt box or when I put the tv in but not the bt box ( it just says can't connect to the server).  I have a 5 year old and a two year old and you're right its shocking the fact this stuff comes up at any time of day.

Thankfully it doesn't seem to change automatically to tv plus but my dad had that problem with a ue40mu6100 last september but I don't know what version of firmware it was.

Hope this helps 

KevCo
Apprentice
Options

Hi Nick77, 

I have the same issue but can't find out how to delete the app in smart hub. Could you share how you did it please? Thanks

Nick77
Journeyman
Options

Hi

After deleting the tv plus channels in the channel list (once in the list go to edit then select the tv plus channels to delete), then hit the home button on the Samsung remote and if tv plus app is there maybe next to Netflix app or bbc I player app then arrow down and click remove.

I hope this helps

KevCo
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Nick77. It didn't do the trick for me. I had to do full reset of the TV including a manual selection of the country (to my actual country), which for some reason apparently prevented the issue coming back. I don't really understand but the TV setup with TV+ did not come back after that (despite being still on the newest software update 1220). Just took me 4h to figure out tonight... And not even sure it will work long term. Thanks Samsung. Please fully test your software release next time. 

Nick77
Journeyman
Options

I' glad you seem to have it sorted. What tv model do you have and out of interest what country are you in?

0 Likes
KevCo
Apprentice
Options

KS7000 series from 2017  country Ireland.... However dear TV plus was back on this morning when turning the TV on... Any words from Samsung here on releasing a patch to activate/deactivate TV plus? This push sale strategy (not even talking about ads in smart hub) is massively intrusive and detrimental to the product experience. Unfortunately when sales takes over customer experience that the kind of issues customers will have to endure. Shameful on Samsung, very frustrated by this. Probably last Samsung TV for me, clearly not acceptable. 

Mchelle
Journeyman
Options

I have managed to get mine sorted.  However, I had to send it away to another repairer.  Samsung were absolutely hopeless and did nothing to sort the problem and I couldn’t stand it any more.

the problem was sorted by switching off anynet+.  Unfortunately I have no idea how they did it, but for the last two months it’s been ok.  I just hope it remains that way.  I will never buy another Samsung product again as their customer service was dire 

Nick77
Journeyman
Options

Hi Michelle.

Ive just done that with mine and it doesn't even come up with the channel number normally 4000 or the message saying cannot connect to server ( I deleted tv plus out of the Channel list) anymore.

I will have to manually switch source to bluray player now as anynet+ is meant to switch it automatically but that's ok. Because anynet+ is swithed off it shouldn't try to switch to tv plus now