TARAJESS
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
Eddi90
First Poster
Options

Yeah they told me that too. It’s a 4K tv that I’ve had barely 5 years. I have a samsung from over 10 years ago that still works fine so I don’t understand. Is there even a repair service that’ll do it ?

0 Likes
Becky15
Apprentice
Options
I have escalated my call as I’m not happy with ‘it’s out of warranty’. So I’m waiting to hear back. Previously, with a sofa, trading standards said to me that the ‘Item must be fit for purpose for a reasonable length of time and that the seller warranty is irrelevant’. I believe 2-3yrs is not a reasonable length of time. !! I have no idea about repairs, haven’t got that far yet as it’s only been happening for a couple of days.
Eddi90
First Poster
Options

Yeah I totally agree. Keep us posted on what happens and if there are any resolutions. 

0 Likes
mckenph
Apprentice
Options

Well mine just happen today.  This is the Third samsung TV I have purchased and probably the last.  The first one I had to put a new board in it.  The second one still works and the third one has the dark band.  LG going forward for me.

0 Likes
Dankiller1753
First Poster
Options

Can anybody help with my Samsung ue59ju6800 top screen is starting to get darker thanks

0 Likes
perezr21
Student
Options
I'm having similar issue on my Samsung UN60JS7000FXZA. Purchased in Nov.2015. Cant believe i only got 3 years out of it.. think it's time to leave Samsung Tv's!!
mckenph
Apprentice
Options

Yep just purchased an LG

Eddi90
First Poster
Options

Now my TV is just dark. It will turn on but show now pictures. Something that shouldn’t happen to such a new TV, I don’t pay upwards of 3,000$ Every couple years for a new 4K tv. This is ridiculous 

0 Likes
perezr21
Student
Options

I'm leaning on LG as well.  Have one in my bedroom and really like it!!  

0 Likes
Hockers
Explorer
Options

You will find pages & pages of unhappy Samsung customers on other threads titled blue or purple patches. I was promised a response from a customer services manager that never came and have referred the matter to Watchdog & Which? who at time of writing, disappointedly, have not yet replied...every one seems to be burying their heads whilst customers suffer unexpected financial losses by having to fork out large sums of money in a repair, or purchasing a new telly. 

Having bought Samsung goods for decades I shall now be very careful and my replacement TV is a Sony Bravia with 5 year guarantee!