Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TED app not working

(Topic created on: 20-01-2019 11:33 AM)
Leony
Apprentice
Options

I have a UE46F8000 smart TV

I had installed the TED app several months ago and no problems until now. After loading it whenever I try to play any video it says: "Talk Unavailable. The network is disconnected. Please check your network status."

My network is fine, as every other network based feature and app work. Furthermore the TED app seems no longer available on the Samsung app store, so I can't uninstall and reinstall it.

Do Samsung no longer support this app on this model?

EDIT

My recently purchased E55NU8000 does have the TED app.

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
I've had a look into this and can see that your TV is on the most recent software. If the issue is only affecting the TED app then it is likely that the developers no longer support the app on this range of TVs. I understand that this isn't ideal and apologise for any inconvenience it may cause you.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Leony.

Are you still having this issue? If so, could you let us know the software version on your TV? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
Leony
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Software version:

T-FXPDEUC-1135.0 , BT S/G

Apps Version: 5.328

Thanks

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
I've had a look into this and can see that your TV is on the most recent software. If the issue is only affecting the TED app then it is likely that the developers no longer support the app on this range of TVs. I understand that this isn't ideal and apologise for any inconvenience it may cause you.
Leony
Apprentice
Options

Hi

No worries, thanks for your help.

I'll see if I can contact the developers.

😊

DadDadDan
First Poster
Options
I am also getting this error on my Samsung TV.
Model code: UE46F5500
Software Version: T-MST12DEUC-2111.1
Who should i contact if not Samsung?
Daniel
0 Likes
Leony
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I emailed contact@ted.com and the reply was:
-------------------------------------------
Thank you for reporting a problem with the Samsung SmartTV app.

Candidly, the TED app on Samsung SmartTV is currently being reviewed, in conjunction with its third-party developers, for possible removal. It's our hope that we can maintain the app and implement more functionality, but as a small nonprofit with constrained resources, sometimes we're unable to devote the attention we want to a platform. 

I definitely want you to be able to watch TED talks on your television, so for the moment I suggest using the YouTube app on your television to visit the TED Talks YouTube channel, or if you have an internet browser on your set, try going to TED.com. Here are some other options for viewing TED talks:
https://www.ted.com/about/programs-initiatives/ted-talks/ways-to-get-ted-talks

I will do my best to get back to you when I learn anything more about the future plans for the TED app on the Samsung SmartTV. 

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

-------------------------------------------

I hope the TED app is maintained, else it's via YouTube.

HTH

0 Likes
Joeda
First Poster
Options

We are experiencing the same error message on my older SAMSUNG SERIES 7  Model 7100. It is the only app with which we are experiencing this problem. The error message states: 

Talk unavailable

The network is disconnected

Please check your internet connection status.

We have checked the network and the problem is not with the network but with the app. We are avid TED watchers and hope you can get us reconnected.

Jessica39
First Poster
Options

I used to watch the TED Talks on my fallaciously named SMART T.V. using the YouTube app, however, Samsung removed that app from my T.V. and replaced it with Vimeo. I haven't been able to watch TED for a while now. Please tell me the app is going to be updated and available.

biscuitman1978
First Poster
Options

I emailed TED to ask about this issue. They responded:

Thanks for writing in and sharing your interest for SamsungTV app support!

We have decided to put our SamsungTV support on the back burner for now. We are focusing on ironing out the major features that users want for iOS and Android (which is plenty to keep up with!) Please keep in mind we are a non-profit and work hard to focus on spreading ideas. We have heard from a number of you that you'd like this supported, so it may be considered again!

We appreciate you taking the time to write in and for your patience as the developers consider supporting SamsungTV.

So the problem may be resolved in the future, but it may not!