Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Switch Profile On Hulu Plus App

(Topic created on: 23-12-2018 04:07 AM)
PlayerOne
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

I share a Hulu Plus subscription with some family.  I recently signed in to the app on my new Samsung 50" NU6900.  It signed into the main profile.  Is there a way to have the app sign into one of the other profiles?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
d0g
Apprentice
Options

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

This fixed it for me:

1. Re-install the Hulu app from the "APPS" app. (It might be enough to just logout of the Hulu app, but I did a re-install.)

2. Log in to Hulu app by manually entering your email/password, NOT by activation code at hulu.com/activate.

YMMV

View solution in context

22 REPLIES 22
AndrewL
Options
@PlayerOne: If you go to Hulu.com you can click or hover over the account name to show a list of profiles associated with your account, allowing you to choose the sign in profile.
0 Likes
PlayerOne
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@PlayerOne: If you go to Hulu.com you can click or hover over the account name to show a list of profiles associated with your account, allowing you to choose the sign in profile.

Thank you for the suggestion :smiling-face: .  However, this did not work .

I went removed my device in the Hulu settings so I could log back in fresh with the APP.  Before logging in with the APP, I logged in with my browser and made sure it was on my profile.  The app still signs in with the profile of the main profile.

I tried to go to hulu.com on the browser on the TV and it simply tell me its unsupported. I want to change the profile the APP  is signed in as. 

Maybe Im not getting what you are saying though.  Can you provide screenshots or a video?  Again... this is about the Hulu App on my Samsung TV.

0 Likes
PlayerOne
Apprentice
Options

I tried following the instructions in Hulu Help center but there is no option that they suggest to use.

hulu instructions.pngHulu App Account Settings.jpg

0 Likes
AriesFinestOne
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue too, So you are definitely not alone!

Wish I knew how to fix it because its annoying af.

0 Likes
Allukasik
First Poster
Options

I hate this. I am using my PS4 to watch Hulu on a smart tv. I don’t get it. We’ve got to be missing something.

0 Likes
duker1111
First Poster
Options
Seems like there are enough people fed up with this feature that Samsung/Hulu would do something about it. I'm ready to replace my Samsung (it's in the family room) for this issue alone. 😞
0 Likes
zketch87
First Poster
Options

How else will they be able to sell you new TVs unless you need them to be able to use new features on their updated apps :face-with-rolling-eyes: 

My TV is a few year old but has the old version of Hulu. Used a family members new TV which had an updated version of Hulu which allowed you to switch profiles and had a more modern UI.... sad that loyal customers get shafted.

0 Likes
Eddiaz00
First Poster
Options

Anyone find the solution to this problem?  I am also having this problem on my two new 4K Smart TVs (2019)

0 Likes
Jro10
Journeyman
Options

I'm here because I have the same issue using the Hulu app on my 2015 Samsung smart TV. It should be like Netflix where it asks who's watching Everytime you open the app, but it's not.  I think I'm stuck in the no longer supported, no longer updated realm of Samsung which happens no later than 2 years from date of manufacture.  

0 Likes