Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 28-02-2019 06:50 PM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

285 REPLIES 285
Nikwashere
Apprentice
Options

Good to hear, but like the rest, it probably won’t last. 

Will not stay fixed until Samsung pushes an update to the software. 

0 Likes
Chris3087
First Poster
Options

Im Having the same issue my bar is connected via hdmi arc and seems like once the tv is left off for a period of Time it seems to forget to turn on with the tv when powering everything back on, I’ve even tried wiring it via the 4K pass thorough and it won’t even power off with the tv my tv is Q8f and sound bar is the ms hw650 

0 Likes
Mathew40
First Poster
Options

Same here been doing it for a while and have got Samsung tv and Samsung soundbar lets hope they fix it ASAP 

0 Likes
amos123
First Poster
Options

Hey fellow ticked off Samsung TV & Soundbar dudes.

I joined up after finding this forum/thread in a Google search.  I am also having the same exact problem - believe it started in mid December.

I bought my TV (8 series, UN55KS8000FXZA) and soundbar (HW-K550/ZA) in early 2017.  BT turn on/off worked perfectly until this past Dec.  I've tried the disconnect/reconnect - sometimes it "fixes" it for a few hours.  Then, it quits again.  I believe this happened after the current (1231?) firmware auto-installed on my TV.

Samsung, a fix would be awesome!

0 Likes
Trumph69
Student
Options
You can add me to the list as well. Hope they fix it soon!
0 Likes
Sound1
Explorer
Options
Was it a TR6?
0 Likes
sawc
Student
Options

I have a UN65KS8000FXZA TV and a HW-K450/ZA soundbar, both purhcased directly from Samsung in November 2016, both  had been working great together until  around the beginning of 2019 where I began to have the same issue as others here. It has been driving my crazy! I tried resetting the TV to defaults, resetting the soundbar, even updated the firmware of the soundbar. The closest I got was like others where it would work for a small time, and then when the TV was off for an extended period, like overnight it would stop working again.

Please get a fix out for this ASAP, I am close to just getting rid of both products and going with a different brand.

westonthenet
First Poster
Options

I've had the same problem with my UE49MU6400 and M360 for the past few weeks.

Really hope Samsung sort this out soon as although it still works it's a pain manually connecting the soundbar every time!

0 Likes
Sound1
Explorer
Options

This is outrageous.  Samsung must be ignoring the issue hoping it will disappear.

0 Likes
nicleonard
First Poster
Options

Same problem here...

0 Likes