Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Glitch - PCM or Bitstream

(Topic created on: 27-03-2018 09:11 PM)
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

After trawling the internet just a little bit confused on sound settings.....

Every now and again when watching normal TV (Sky setup) or recordings through the Sky planner I get a small burst of static, after which the volume appears to decrease for a while. If anyone has any ideas on that I would be grateful.

After the above I looked into the sound settings on the TV - QE49Q7 - and saw the options for PCM or Bitstream for input and PCM or Dolby for output.  I guess my question is what are the better settings? I also have a DVD player hooked up on passthrough to the TV via a soundbar.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Leg2ionwrote:

After trawling the internet just a little bit confused on sound settings.....

Every now and again when watching normal TV (Sky setup) or recordings through the Sky planner I get a small burst of static, after which the volume appears to decrease for a while. If anyone has any ideas on that I would be grateful.

After the above I looked into the sound settings on the TV - QE49Q7 - and saw the options for PCM or Bitstream for input and PCM or Dolby for output.  I guess my question is what are the better settings? I also have a DVD player hooked up on passthrough to the TV via a soundbar.

Dolby is for your TV and optical out and bitstream is to send to a surround amp. I leave mine on Dolby and Bitsteam.

0 Likes
Audio1
First Poster
Options

If you to sky settings then audio visual then digital audio output HDMI set this to Normal then go to digital audio output optical set to Normal then go digital audio delay HDMI to 0nd the same with digital audio delay optical then HDMI control to on then shudder reduction to off with sky don't do anything flash you end up getting trouble hope this helps

0 Likes