Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart remote voice control not working in youtube

(Topic created on: 09-08-2017 11:53 AM)
Geeorge
Journeyman
Options

Hello

I have am TV  55KU6472 model. About 2 days ago I`ve made an update on software, but since then the voice control doesn`t work on youtube.

the tv`s software recognize the words I say but  on youtube it keeps saying that he didn`t find anything related to what I`ve searched.

For example I say on voice commad 4k videos, youtube says that he didn`t find anything. 

Any help pls ? 

0 Likes
Go to solution
39 REPLIES 39
AntS
Options

Hi all - thanks!

Just to confirm, is the voice recognition not working just for the YouTube app for you guys? If so, have you tried updating the app itself or a Smart Hub reset to install the latest app version?

0 Likes
Geeorge
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

In my case, the voice recognition seems to have this problem only for the youtube app. I`ve reinstalled the app and is has same error

mike4420
Apprentice
Options

I have reset the smarthub, and check for update (even if they are on autoupdate) nothing has changed.

(of course I have checked my internet connection wich is working fine as I watch netflix in 4k

To be more specific, I think the voice control itself is working :

1 you are watching netflix for eg, you use voice control, it works for everything including volume up etc.

2 you say "mister bean" the tv switch to the virtual keyboard searching screen as always but does not find any result for "mister bean"( or any other research)

is this case is it was usually opening youtube and mister bean video.

3 even if you go manually from the smart hub opening the virtual keyboard and start type something it react to the first letter and propose app names, the tv does not find anything anything else. It looks like it is just searching only within app name.

SO i think that issue is related to the research module witch seems to be only searchin for app name1 from voice control1 from voice control2 manually2 manually4 no result4 no result3 research screen called from here manually3 research screen called from here manually 

AntS
Options

Thanks! I've escalated this to our TV experts, and will keep you all updated.

0 Likes
Solution
Geeorge
Journeyman
Options

Guys, 

Now smart voice control is working on youtube app.

I don't know what happened but everything is ok now.

thanks all for the support

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Geeorge: Glad to know! :smileyhappy: :thumbsup:

How is it for you other guys?

0 Likes
mike4420
Apprentice
Options

It is woirking for me too.

What did you do ? Server side ?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Glad to know @mike4420! :smileyhappy: :thumbsup:

My source has told me it was a temporary issue, so it should be fine for everyone now.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

If anyone is still experiencing this issue though, definitely let me know in this thread.

0 Likes
Mick2472
First Poster
Options

Hi the voice recognition on the smart remote for our TV has stopped working. The tv model is ue49mu6670. The message it comes up with is in orange and says 'it's loading hang on' but nothing happens. 

0 Likes