Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart TV shows inappropriate (family unsafe) ads/previews when switched on

(Topic created on: 30-12-2017 02:42 PM)
rtansley
Student
Options

My TV (UE32M5600AK) automatically shows previews/trailers/ads when it starts up (from TV plus or Rakuten TV). Pretty annoying (and disabling the relevant apps doesn't stop it)...

But what's really bad is that some of these are not family safe at all. When I start up the TV with my 2 and 4 year olds in the room, the TV should not immediately start showing a movie ad where someone gets graphically shot in the head.

Any way to stop this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DjMoore
Apprentice
Options

I think I've fixed it on mine.  I pressed ch list on my remote. 

Then there was an option to edit channels of which there were 4 tv plus ones I wanted to remove.  It let me select and then click delete. 

Since then I just get the message unable to connect to server when I turn off a HDMI source rather than a rakuten ad.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
DjMoore
Apprentice
Options
If you find out let me know. Mine seems to do it after I've powered off a HDMI device more than once. The Annabelle advert is ridiculous when your trying to put something on for your kids
0 Likes
Solution
DjMoore
Apprentice
Options

I think I've fixed it on mine.  I pressed ch list on my remote. 

Then there was an option to edit channels of which there were 4 tv plus ones I wanted to remove.  It let me select and then click delete. 

Since then I just get the message unable to connect to server when I turn off a HDMI source rather than a rakuten ad.

rtansley
Student
Options

Thanks! That did the trick.

DjMoore
Apprentice
Options
Glad it worked for you
0 Likes
BenM1
Journeyman
Options

This does not fix it.  It comes back.  

adm1n
Apprentice
Options

the solution posted here does not work.  As soon as the TV is power cycled it comes back.

Daveyj
First Poster
Options

And it does it at a ridiculous volume.

I’ve tried all solutions and it keeps coming back.

I’m voting with my wallet, my last Samsung device ever, not just TV, their whole range unless a permanent solution is offered soon.

0 Likes
Willis1
First Poster
Options

None off the options here worked for me.

What WILL work for everyone is to access the engineers menu and find the option that says "support TV Plus" then change the setting from ON to "OFF".

Look on youtube for Samsung TV Secret menu. Be very carefull when changinging any of these settings, you can seriously mess up your tv if you change the wrong setting.

I discovered this menu when looking to activate the bluetooth capability on my entry level Samsung tv.

Samsung support would not acknowledge the existance of this menu and told me it was impossible for my tv to have bluetooth.

Since activating the bluetooth setting in the engineers menu I been using bluetooth headphones with my tv for the last 18 months.

There are also two engineers menus. They both look very similar but you will know when you are in the correct menu when you see options to turn bluetooth on and off. Search through the other subheadings untill you find TV Plus support. 

dadè
Explorer
Options
4cameeràs elöfizettèsü volt Virginia AF 9
0 Likes