Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV remote voice control stopped working

(Topic created on: 11-02-2018 04:53 AM)
Jethro567
First Poster
Options

Hi I have a ue50mu6100kxxu Tv which I purchased less than a week ago and the voice control on the remote has just stopped working it just says, having trouble connecting, make sure your online or try again later. I'm online and connected I have also tried turning power off and on, took batteries out of the remote and paired the remote back to the TVs but still no good. Please help. 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Disco
First Poster
Options

Hi 

having the same problem to is a week old today. Had 0 issues with it so far and absolutely love it however my smart remote has completely stopped working. Had a look at possible patches on the other forums with the same problems, however this has been to no avail. Is this a known issue or is there a fault occurring in the remote/tv. 

I have the Samsung 49* MU8000 incase you have different methods for each tv. 

Thanks in advance. 

D. 

0 Likes
Davc
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, worked well yesterday not today, best explanation I have seen is Samsung server temporarily down. I will wait to see if things improve. (New tv bought yesterday )

0 Likes
Davc
First Poster
Options

A few hours later and voice control is working again. All the messages mentioned lack of internet, although iplayer etc all working well. What it means is the voice recognition could not access the Samsung server. So my advice to others with this problem is ignore it and it will sort itself out, although I suppose in some cases the remote control needs to be reset. 

0 Likes
Rayzor30
Apprentice
Options

exact same issue- exact same tv

0 Likes
Davc
First Poster
Options

My remote works really well now and picks up quite complex commands, eg if the children want Peppa Pig, just say the words and it takes you to a youtube channel. I often change TV channels by just saying the channel number. The original problem was internet connection, I think at the Samsung end. Make sure you have the latest firmware and that the TV is connected to the internet.

0 Likes
Jraggs
Student
Options

Im having a issue with my voice control on my remote...model #un55mu800d..worked fine up until the other day...Will not work on cable box..seems to work on everything else..what can I do to fix this?

0 Likes
Davc
First Poster
Options

When this happens it is a connection problem with Samsung's server, it usually resets quite quickly but check you have the latest updates on the TV 

0 Likes
otmgal
First Poster
Options

New Qled 55” TV ..... voice interaction stopped working a few hours ago. Screen display says “It’s taking me awhile to respond because of too many tasks. Get back to me later.”  What to do? Any help is much appreciated. Thx!

0 Likes
Jraggs
Student
Options

I in plugged the t.v for 30 sec...plugged back in and then resynced the remote with my cable box and it worked.2 days later it stopped working again ..repeated the steps and it has worked since without a problem....my fingers are crossed