Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV not connecting to internet

(Topic created on: 18-04-2017 10:01 AM)
cledgerwood
Student
Options

When I first set up my Smart TV it connected to wifi straight away. The next time I turned it on it still recognised the wifi but couldn't connect to internet. I tried it with a wired connection which worked first time but again, the next time I turned on the TV it can't connect to the internet. I am with BT using their Smarthub.  I've tried changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but no change. Please help.

76 REPLIES 76
DHC_ITC
Journeyman
Options

It seems that a lot of us on here experienced some form of unidentified outage. I was able to fix mine earlier than others by upgrading the firmware to the latest version via USB  (see my earlier post) for others this outage of sorts was resolved automatically. If your device is straight out of the box and other devices are able to connect in your home without issue, I'd advise manually updating the firmware. It may be the case that the firmware is that old that is experiencing an outage issue of some unknown origin...without anyone from Samsung telling us what technically caused the outage the other night, we are unable to know the mechanics for troubleshooting further such issues. Good luck.

0 Likes
OppositeCube
Student
Options

Oh OK thanks gonna try it tomorrow because right now its supper late at night. Thanks for replying me btw

0 Likes
Dr_Niles
First Poster
Options

Still got the not connecting to internet issue after 4 days. This is getting annoying!

0 Likes
DHC_ITC
Journeyman
Options

Have you yet tried manually updating the firmware? May fix the issue.

0 Likes
Michemoo23
First Poster
Options

I have had my smart tv for about 15months. Never had an issue with connecting to the internet until 3-4weeks ago. Sounds like same issue as everyone else... my directv and Sonos and everything else is all able to access the internet fine but not the tv, and so apps like Netflix no longer work.

oddly I had a Samsung smart tv in the past (purchased 2011) and one day it stopped connecting and it NEVER worked again.  Better not be same this time around, I was told the issue was fixed. 

Has as anyone been able to resolve their issue??

0 Likes
xopce
Student
Options

My issue was resolved "on its own" (read: Samsung had an issue somwhere in the cloud)

0 Likes
gottleib
First Poster
Options
Many, many people are getting Samsung TV network connection failure, whether they bought a signal booster, updated software, moved devices, hard reboot, etc. I did all that can be done - but the fault is embedded in the TV. HOWEVER ......just use the dumb elements of the TV for connection - 'cast' media, internet or screens from mobiles, tablets or PCs. Best to use a Chromecast plug for this in back of TV - works faultlessly every time. Plex also works.
0 Likes
calmac
First Poster
Options

UE43NU 7470

Just delivered today....when I check it tells me I am online, but I cannot get into Smartview as I am said to be offline. This has been happening on a loop for 3 hours now.

I am cheesed off and wondering if I can reject this TV as not fit for purpise!

Thoughts?

0 Likes
ePizza
First Poster
Options

@gottleib wrote:
Many, many people are getting Samsung TV network connection failure, whether they bought a signal booster, updated software, moved devices, hard reboot, etc. I did all that can be done - but the fault is embedded in the TV. HOWEVER ......just use the dumb elements of the TV for connection - 'cast' media, internet or screens from mobiles, tablets or PCs. Best to use a Chromecast plug for this in back of TV - works faultlessly every time. Plex also works.

Not really the point, when you've spent a lot of money on a fancy TV, for it then not to perform as specified.

0 Likes
JamieStrange
Journeyman
Options

THIS POST, I POSTED WAS INFACT A LOAD OF RUBBISH.  I HAD A ETHERNET CABLE PLUGGED IN WHICH IS WHY MY INTERNET WORKED.

I AM FUMING ABOUT THIS SITUATION

0 Likes