Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV cannot connect to router wireless

(Topic created on: 08-02-2019 06:42 PM)
LeoMand
Apprentice
Options

I have a UE32H5500 smart tv that after two years of use suddenly stopped connecting to my router. I reseted all settings, smart hub included, but didn't work. Updated firmware with usb to 2890.2 but that didn't solved the issue.

When trying to find a wifi network it keeps searching and doesn't find anything. Tried manual wifi settings and ethernet cable but no luck.

It's been a week that this happens and only time the tv connected all by itself and disconected after ten minutes. 

Any ideas why this happens; I have read tha wifi module fails sometimes .

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @LeoMand.

Are you still having this issue or did you manage to find a fix?

0 Likes
LeoMand
Apprentice
Options

I visited a local samsung authorized service and they fixed it for one day ( said it was software probem but the problem reapearred the next day. It seems not to recognize any network I ‘ve read that it may be a wifi module problem.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Have you been back in touch with the Service Centre, @LeoMand?

0 Likes
Mirko_Brand
Pioneer
Options

Most likely you guys are experiencing the same issue as me. Refer to this topic and confirm the behavior: LINK

Please confirm if the issue happens only on WiFi or with cable / ethernet also.

My router uses Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1) and all other clients work without any issues, except the Q6FN.

Also the router uses the same SSID for 2.4 and 5 GHz antennas, disabling one or the other does not help...

LeoMand
Apprentice
Options

No I haven’t been just posted here

0 Likes
74driver
First Poster
Options

I like several others have a Samsung TV that is unable to find any wifi signals, I've found several forums where the same problem occurs with several workarounds (which I've tried) that ultimately fail. I'm guessing a update of the TV while still connected to the internet now has a bug that means it cannot find a wifi signal so should an update be available you can't get it! Very frustrating, Samsung appears to be blaming customers wifi but for this event to happen to so many people around the globe (I'm in HK) the only common connection is the Samsung TVs so I find it doubtful that so many people have suddenly got suspect wifi, the TVs have changed and now have a problem.

LeoMand
Apprentice
Options
Back from my second visit to local Samsung service this time they said its a hardware failure ( off warranty of course) and its not worth repairing. When I was back home tv connected to my wifi!!!!
0 Likes
Mirko_Brand
Pioneer
Options

So you they want you to pay for their broken hardware to fix a brand new TV?