Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung ue46d8000 smart Tv

(Topic created on: 05-12-2016 03:59 PM)
creekie
Apprentice
Options

i have a Samsung Smart Tv UE46d8000

i have an issue with the picture quality, lines down both sides of the screen, any ideas on how or what i can do to repair it the t.v is approx 6 years old.

please advise

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
olliewegg
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi creekie! :smileyhappy:

Is the software on your UE46D8000 up to date? And do the lines appear across all sources and on the Picture Test (Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test)?

0 Likes
creekie
Apprentice
Options

All up to date with the latest firmware which is July 2015 and it happens on all sources and even the test screen, my have to purchase another TV 😢😢😢

0 Likes
creekie
Apprentice
Options

All up to date with the latest firmware which is July 2015 and it happens on all sources and even the test screen, my have to purchase another TV 😢😢😢latest firmware was done e int

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks!

If resetting the picture settings (Menu > Picture > Reset Picture) doesn't sort it, then it may be worth checking out if there are any of our Support Centres near you: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/ to see what the price of a repair may be in comparison to a new TV.

0 Likes
creekie
Apprentice
Options

Tried to email and call them with no luck, always something hey. 

Thanks for the help. 

Rich 

0 Likes
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Okay, is there another Service Centre near by that you can give a call? 

If you contact a few, this will enable you to get the best quote!

EmmaS

0 Likes
oto
Pioneer
Options
Unfortunately this seems to be faulty LCD panel. You could open it up or bring it to some local service shop and try to re-seat the cables but it may not help to resolve the problem. Replacing the panel with other will not be cost effective and also it may not last long.
Last year I had replaced a panel for one of my Samsung TV(B4YL3HCF202492E) with similar defect(vertical lines) while still one-month on warranty. Now after half-year the defect returned even for replaced new panel but is no more cost effective to replace as it costs same price as TV and warranty is now out. I brought it to Samsung service and complained that new panel didn't last long but reply was that 6-month is good. 6-month for a new part? sounds like a joke but it is true and there is no warranty for replacement part.
0 Likes