First Poster
Options

Anyone any ideas?

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
AndrewL
Options
Hi @Steve6916

What TV do you have? When you press the Mic button on the remote, does a tutorial menu appear on screen? Have you tried going to Home > Settings > System > Expert Settings > Voice Interaction > Voice Feedback to see if the TV responds to your commands?
0 Likes
Steve6916
First Poster
Options
Actually i turned it off at the wall and then back on. It sorted it for now. However. Over the past few days i have noticed the guild being very slow and non responsive. The voice command juat displayed im live, im all ears.. would not work at all.

Model UE49MU7070
SOFTWARE T-KTMDEUC-1210.8,BT-S

It appears to me that if i have my xbox connected and fire stick it slows the tv down. Even when they are switched off.. i hope this is a simple update solution as the tv is only 4 months old
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
There is an update currently available for your TV, @Steve6916. You can access this on the TV itself by going to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Software Update > Update Now, or via our website by checking the following link (Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1221.0 (MULTI LANGUAGE)): https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE49MU7070TXXU/. Does the issue persist following the application of the update?
0 Likes
Steve6916
First Poster
Options

Yes ive already updated and checked for newer versions. All upto date. 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
I find with a new telly if something does not work its because it is faulty. Rather than be messed around just sent it back for a replacement.
Paul
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Have you reported this issue to your retailer because it is important that you do within the first 4 weeks. 

It's a shame that they sell tv with faults,  and if it is a software issue why are all the tvs not affected? 

Paul

0 Likes
Steve6916
First Poster
Options

Yes totally agree. Why should i be typing away now trying to sort a tv. Im no expert in tv.s. i go to the shop and buy one. Trouble is when it breaks down i have to do all the ***** running arround and try to justify to currys pc world why its broken!!! Oh and then i will have to have it sent away for 28days for someone to plug it in and say yeah hes right.  In that time the kids are going crazy because we wont have tv. The mrs is in  a mood because i brought the tv in the first place and she cant watch east endenders. This causes massive arguments in the house. Before you know it samsung have caused our family to break up. Kids to grow up and turn into smack heads because mum and dad split up due to a tv that didnt work correctly in the first place. Thanks. Lol

0 Likes
Kunmendez16
First Poster
Options

I bought my tv in November 2018, and since my voice recognition for my remote does not work. When I go to use it for typing something in, it says “ no voice detected, try again later” everything is updated, I reset the tv as well as un paired my controller. It is a Samsung’s 65” 8000 series !

First Poster
Options

Try to reset tv. Then followup remote setting at the end need to press back,play buttons samiutaly to pair with tv.. now try to speak while pressing mic button. If not please call samsung service centre for clame new remote as it has fault in mic...i got one under warrenty..

0 Likes