Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE55MU7070 - Unable to connect wireless headphones

(Topic created on: 03-12-2018 05:30 PM)
Profcool
Student
Options

I have just purchased a pair of BOSE QC35ii headphones and I am unable to connect them via bluetooth to my UE55MU7070. The TV can see the headphones but when I try to pair them I get an error message to the effect of 'pairing failed please make sure the device is switched on' which it obviously is. I have tried factory resets of both the TV and the headphones but still get the same error. The headphones pair successfully with every other device I have so they aren't the problem. Can anyone advise how I can get these working together?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Profcool wrote:

I have just purchased a pair of BOSE QC35ii headphones and I am unable to connect them via bluetooth to my UE55MU7070. The TV can see the headphones but when I try to pair them I get an error message to the effect of 'pairing failed please make sure the device is switched on' which it obviously is. I have tried factory resets of both the TV and the headphones but still get the same error. The headphones pair successfully with every other device I have so they aren't the problem. Can anyone advise how I can get these working together?

Hi @Profcool, firstly check you have the latest firmware 1250.5 on TV and if not  you can download to USB and update that way https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55MU7070TXXU/

However if have latest update or does not make difference a few suggestions you could try:

When resetting headphones have you followed these steps:

Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds

Plug Headset into USB power supply and wait 5 seconds (power supply needs to be plugged into the wall)

Unplug usb power cord from Headset and wait 1 minute.

Turn on Headset and test if working correctly.    

After this reset clear the pairing list too,slide power switch all the way to the Bluetooth signal and hold for 10 seconds, you should hear a voice prompt. You may  then need to delete the headphones from any device's paired list.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Profcool
Student
Options

Hi James, thanks for the response. I have already tried the reset of the Bose in that manner and I can confirm the TV is on the most up to date firmware version. Bose say there may be a compatibility problem with the TV, although I don’t see why this would be the case when the TV is such a recent model. They have said that the Bose supports pairing profiles of Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP); Hands-Free (HFP); Headphones (HSP); Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP); BTLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). I assume at least one of these is compatible with the TV? Do you happen to know?

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Profcool, oh right thanks for confirming.    AVRCP should definitely be compatible (designed to control TV's, Hi fi equipment)  ,some of the others intended for audio, mobiles.  It is the case  that you may not be able to control the volume from the headphones (as opposed to TV) however once paired still function effectively (situation with 3rd party devices)   I have  Sony Bluetooth ones which work fine . Not sure how reflective, however noticed on Amazon a number having issues with this Bose model on their Television.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Kazerp
First Poster
Options

Hi James

Can I ask which Sony wireless  headphones you have please?  Looking to buy some as a Christmas present but want to make sure I get ones that will connect ok.  I have tv model number UE40H6700T and know it has bluetooth installed (sound bar connected by Bluetooth and Samsung have confirmed it has bluetooth.)

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Plumbz
Apprentice
Options

Hi all.
Having the same issue with my 75 Q950TS. It connects to an old pair of Senheisser earbuds ( Momentum1) but won't pair with the Moment 3, it also wont connect to my Bose QC35's nor to my brand new Sony  WH-1000XM5 either!!  So I've booked it in for a home repair visit as there is something clearly broked / faulty!
And for the price I paid for this thing... I'd expect the bluetooth to be working at least.
( it even stopped connecting to our Samsung Fridge Freezer with the tablet built in!)  Even worse!

0 Likes