Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE49NU7100 source ‘button’ issues

(Topic created on: 18-02-2019 11:42 PM)
Amykatee
First Poster
Options

Bought this tv a couple of months ago, all has been good except for this week where the source button screen that you get for the remote isn’t working, at first we thought it was the remote so we were going to replace it until my partner downloaded a remote app for his phone and the source button doesn’t work on that either, the tv even makes the gingle like it’s loaded up, so it’s something todo with the tv. I wanted to do a full factory reset on the tv but my partner did lord knows what (he’s not tech savvy) and that option has now been removed, anyone else had any similar issues and found a fix?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Amykatee.

Did you manage to get this resolved? Have you tried resetting your TV? To do this go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Sjbear
First Poster
Options

We are having the same problem with our source button. I have just been reading a thread from Samsung US and those customers are being asked to provide serial numbers etc. It seems to be a common problem so I would be interested in hearing your suggestions to fix this problem.

0 Likes
Pow1
First Poster
Options

Hi i’m having the same problem...

my remote’s working fine except for the source button..

when i press it, nothing appears on my tv screen

0 Likes
Needless
First Poster
Options

I've had the same problem with my samsung UN50JU6500. Called Samsung support and was told to unplug my tv while it was still on and plug it back up. Tried my source button afterwards and it worked. The tech said this happens from time to time, and to repeat the same method should it happens again. And make sure you TV software is up to date!

0 Likes
JDWX
First Poster
Options

My issue with the source an other buttons started WHEN I updated recently.  Just out of warranty and they want to a company to come in for repair, and charge to reload a firmware.  TV is about to go out in the trash. And anothher brand  replacing it.  And I'm DEEP in the Samsung ecosystem/  Note 10+  and 5 other TVs....  Beyond irritated.  And customer support was maddening. 

ShellBee
First Poster
Options

Unplugging while the TV is on and replugging worked for me.

0 Likes
Robbie6
First Poster
Options

After a difficult time with an Amazon Fire Stick (which conflicted with my TalkTalk box) I found the source button didnt not work at all. I followed the advice to unplug when the TV is in ON, replug and after the TV booted up to the TalkTalk box the source button was back to normal. Whoopi

0 Likes
Hai4369
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same issues on my TV. Were you able to access your apps while this was going on. The answer would really help me troubleshoot. Thank you in advance!

0 Likes