Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 04-03-2019 05:46 PM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
DuckJuggler
First Poster
Options
Glad to hear dude, I’ve got TV no 4 arriving on Thursday so I’m hoping for the same 🤞🏼In fact the lovely Indian lady I spoke to at Samsung that I could barely understand guaranteed me that the next one would work faultlessly, so I have VERY high hopes for this one!!!
0 Likes
Robbie9865
Student
Options
This one was a different batch number from the first 2 so fingers crossed for you mate
0 Likes
Jeff02
Explorer
Options
Yeah and the new panel i got for my 75 nu8000 was a replacement and new model number by samsung to address the issue they knew about clicking sounds. There was a person on here that shot me down saying this was not anything to do with temperature but samsung have only just released statement saying that the tv's may make sounds when the tv i turned off and elements cool down. Why have they not said that they will heating up or in event of temperature change your tv may make expansion/clicking sounds. Yeah and they will send out repair people and replacements untill it doesnt do it mmmm. Remember people the country temps change all year around not as much in some countries so it will be worse some months than others.
0 Likes
johnzp
Apprentice
Options
I have the same issue. Once TV is on for about 20 mins ticking noise is coming from the back once every 30-40 seconds. After that, it will disappear and will come back again once the TV is off. Duration of the noise again will be around 20-30 mins....
Called Samsung customer support, no advise was given except update software to 1202.3. Specifically asked the rep if this issue was addressed through the software update and was told "Yes it was."
Updated it through USB and it doesn't make any difference, ticking noise is still there.....
Samsung should be recalling these TVs, as this is definitely a fault and negatively impacts the brand.
In the future, I will consider buying another brand....
Meanwhile, I am still looking for a solution, so if anyone found something helpful please share what did you do to get rid of this noise, as seems like Samsung doesn't address the issue at all..
andreascy
Explorer
Options

@johnzp wrote:
I have the same issue. Once TV is on for about 20 mins ticking noise is coming from the back once every 30-40 seconds. After that, it will disappear and will come back again once the TV is off. Duration of the noise again will be around 20-30 mins....
Called Samsung customer support, no advise was given except update software to 1202.3. Specifically asked the rep if this issue was addressed through the software update and was told "Yes it was."
Updated it through USB and it doesn't make any difference, ticking noise is still there.....
Samsung should be recalling these TVs, as this is definitely a fault and negatively impacts the brand.
In the future, I will consider buying another brand....
Meanwhile, I am still looking for a solution, so if anyone found something helpful please share what did you do to get rid of this noise, as seems like Samsung doesn't address the issue at all..

Welcome to the Clicking-club.

I still wait a reply from Samsung regarding the cliking noise of the second TV which was replaced due to the same issue.

They asked me to send the Videos to excamine the issue because they don't know what to do.
Tell me please, your TV is wall mounted or you use the TVs legs/stand?

0 Likes
Robbie9865
Student
Options
I’m now onto my 3rd replacement tv that’s wall mounted and touch wood 2 weeks of ticking free viewing
0 Likes
johnzp
Apprentice
Options

Mine is on the stand, the model is NU8000 55

I believe there are several videos already available on youtube showing the exact same issue....

0 Likes
johnzp
Apprentice
Options

@Robbie9865 wrote:
I’m now onto my 3rd replacement tv that’s wall mounted and touch wood 2 weeks of ticking free viewing

Wow... that is so frustrating that we have to go through all the hassle.....Samsung should react and address concerns as this is not a unique issue...

0 Likes
andreascy
Explorer
Options

@Robbie9865 wrote:

congrats:)

0 Likes
johnzp
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone, 

I think it`s time for the update. 

Generally speaking, TV consists of 3 main parts: Screen/panel (assembled with frame)/ power supply board and main board... The main board voltage is very low and I didn't even see any capacitors there, that is why I thought this is not a source of ticking... My personal conclusion is that supply board and/or screen are the main possible reasons... ( I may be wrong)

Made warranty claim, Samsung tech came and changed the power supply board and screen (panel). After that, I have noticed silence and no more ticking noise for the time TV was on (it was about an hour-two). Even after I turned it off no ticking was noticed. 

Next day was watching TV for a couple of hours and heard just 2 ticks for the hole time.... No ticking after TV is OFF. This is a significant improvement and if this is going to be the case ( 1-2 rare ticks) I won't take any action further...

Samsung service was good, they even brought a flower for my wife and congratulated her with International Women's Day after service was done. This was a great gesture from their end.

I took some pics... Will upload them later so everyone can see how simple the construction of this TV is...

0 Likes