Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 25-12-2018 11:37 PM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
Chrisakehurst67
Student
Options

Just to be clear, the interface adapter which came in the TV box is fitted as a stand alone, I do not have a decryption card inserted.....it is just the blank adapter which I plugged in as per the photo. A decryption card slots in from the bottom but I have no clue why or what for.  My Sky is linked via HDMI 20181225_171943.jpg

0 Likes
ljo
Journeyman
Options

Chrisakehurst67 I'm from EU as well and I got the 5V cover included with the manual, however putting it on did nothing. The TV still makes static clicks. Thanks anyway, Im glad atleast the issue solved for you.

Can anyone confirm if loosening the screws on the tv could help with this issue?

0 Likes
Chrisakehurst67
Student
Options
No idea mate
Maybe it was the ***** HDMI cable I had before, or power cable and could be a coincidence that as soon as the interface cover was fitted the crackling noise went
I'll remove the cover tomorrow and see if the interference returns
Merry Christmas by the way to all
0 Likes
ljo
Journeyman
Options

Could be anything, please report if you mange to find out what fixed it :smiling-face:

Merry christmas to you and your family

0 Likes
Drecon
First Poster
Options

I just bought the q6 65inch and is does the same noise. It sounds like it is heat based. It's coming from the bottom corners and if I push on them lightly it makes the noise. TV is hanging on the wall. It something I can live with because it's such I good TV.

0 Likes
MACIEK7
First Poster
Options

Hi! 

I bought Samsung 8 series.

I have the same issue , clicking noise comming from bottom corners.

Drive me crazy. 

Steve31204
Journeyman
Options

Hello all,
Just updating you on the clicking/ticking issue from my 65’ Samsung tv. (UA65NU8000)
I have just received my replacement tv for the second time (yes, that’s 3 TVs in total) and they all do the same thing.
The TV repair ppl sent out by Samsung tell me it’s a ‘bad batch’ and admit that it is an issue.
Again, this is a fantastic tv, but unfortunately it has, for me anyway, a serious design flaw that is obviously causing this irritating ticking noise from heat expansion in the back of the unit.

I will be returning the replacement and requesting a refund this time, and will have to move onto a different company. I didn't spend $2,200 AUD for a TV to drive me crazy. 
I thank Samsung for their assistance throughout this painful process, as they have been very helpful and fairly prompt with their customer support.

If you are experiencing this issue, please comment and let Samsung know.
Thanks

Steve

PaulvSmith
First Poster
Options

Hi Steve, sorry to hear you’ve had these issues. Have they not offered you the 2018 55”/65'' Q9F Flagship QLED 4K Certified Ultra HD Premium HDR 2000 Smart TV, as an alternative. I just bought the 55” Q9F and I’m blown away with its quality and I’ve not noticed any clicking sound problems. 

It would be a shame you having to move to a different brand, although to be honest these days, there are some equal quality TV’s as the Samsung range. Good luck with your next TV. 

Paul 

0 Likes
Sylwester80
Apprentice
Options

Hi, the same issue. UE49Q6FN. Random clicking noise when TV is on. I did not notice that noise when TV is off. Noise is coming from top inside part of TV above power socket. Capacitors? TV is a month old . Is doing that from yesterday. I did not notice that before. Yesterday I replaced all cables - power cord, hdmi, Ethernet cable and aerial cable. They been too short for my full motion TV bracket. I will replace them back one by one to find if problem is there.

Robbie9865
Student
Options

My Q7 65” 2018 is 2 weeks old today and has been making the ticking sounds from day one. It’s driving me nuts and having now read numerous comments on various forums with the same issue it’s made my mind up a visit back to curry’s today demanding a  replacement or my money back. It’s s pity because otherwise it’s a n excellent tv. 

0 Likes