Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 17-07-2018 12:09 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Go to solution
592 REPLIES 592
col27
First Poster
Options

my 6 years old smart tv failed to connect to the wifi etc, spoke to samsung and they tried the typical call centre response actions, their solution was to have a service engineer to come out.   Have since found a solution, 

when the tv was purchased a dvd player was part of the deal, found the web browser and netfliix etc are still working on the dvd so I can connect the tv to the wifi by using the dvd and its controls, not checked the prices but buying a second hand dvd may be cheaper than a service engineer if you do not have one

0 Likes
notsosmarttv
Journeyman
Options

I am quite sure they know what is wrong and if it were intentional or not, but you will not receive any help from them. I have tried all potential fixes I couldn't find anything to correct the wifi discovery issue. Seems to me, they owe the consumer a refund on units not working.

NewRangerFamily
First Poster
Options

Same problem here, bought our Samsung TV a few months ago. Everything worked fine yesterday but today it connects to the wifi but not to the internet. i am not tech savvy and frankly am bamboozled at all the information in ths thread. I'm inclinded to contact the retailer and tell them the TV isnt working properly

0 Likes
mprl
Apprentice
Options

I've got an older Samsung TV and this has happened on a couple of occasions after an update, TV connects to the router but not to the internet. Samsung have sent out another update within a few days and the problem is resolved.

I've contacted Samsung and worked through the engineers menu and wasted a few hours without them admitting that they've put out a bad update, but persevered and escalated and they put their hands up in the end.

Annoying as Samsung should have realised by now that their Beta testing isn't thorough enough but not normally a show stopper.

Pickpockets
First Poster
Options

I have 2 Samsung 6 series smart TV’s. Just had a new router installed by Sky. Trying to reconnect to internet. It finds the wireless name but won’t accept the password. I have used the data to connect my laptop and phone. I’ve changed DNS server to 8 8 8 8 and DNSsetting to MANUALLY. Still no luck - any ideas 

Joro29
Apprentice
Options

Hi I am new to this forum. I bought a Samsung smart tv last year which works fine. We have bt infinity high speed isp. Bought a new Samsung smart tv last week QLED 65inch. It suffers from all the pre mentioned issues, disconnnecting, not remembering the log in/password. I have even reconnected the bt hub rather than the tp link modem I had set up. Spent hours trying to resolve the issue and spoke to support last night (Manila) to 2 different agents. First one said they couldn’t help as we could not make the connection to WiFi and to take the tv back!!
The 2nd one said they couldn’t do a remote log in because it was working. Needless to say they both tried to blame it on my isp, firewalls etc. So I’m not that tech savvy - having done a factory reset on my tp link modem I can’t get it now work - I did wonder if using the 2nd channel on it (5mghz) would solve the issue. But maybe I should just take the tv back? Question is do I ditch Samsung and try another make? Any help would be great.

0 Likes
Mju
Journeyman
Options

I bought a Q series this year as well.

to reconnect I have to reboot the tv by holding the power button on the remote until the logo is On screen.

I'm connected via Ethernet 

I never had a bug free Samsung device.

gchudnov
First Poster
Options
The same problem with Q6F.
Any workarounds? It started a couple of days ago
and it is really frustrating...
0 Likes
Mju
Journeyman
Options

Tet holding the power button on your remote until the TV reboots.

unless Samsung adds an update  so the TV won't  require a hard restart, that seems to be the only workaround.

An interesting thing I expected is that I can use networked apps, but the no network connection message stays on top of the screen until I restart the TV

0 Likes
Joro29
Apprentice
Options

ok so I got a Samsung approved engineer out and the tv disconnected for him. They agreed to replace the TV (it did this from the start 10 days ago) so I now have a new one. I think the deciding factor was that the TV would not hold the password.  New tv  was set up yesteday. In the meantime I got a BT engineer out to check my internet connection and line and he disconnected a load of unused cables with the result my internet speed got to 79mbs! However the TV disconnected a couple of times last night. I suspect from what the engineer said that with fibreoptic broadband, the connection is more sensitive and is knocked off more easily. It seems that other appliances in the house may cause REIM and drops in the connection that then causes tv/wifi disconnection. My next course of action is to test to see if this is the case then if that fails have a new phone line put in well away from any appliances.  As for the TV I've got to wait and see if this one holds the password....

0 Likes