Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 27-02-2019 09:08 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
Foxyfox8511
Explorer
Options

Iv  been told a new motherboard but to be fare iv set the DNS setting to 8 8 8 8 that has helped connecting a lot easier but still have the drops every so often 

0 Likes
Starshooter
Apprentice
Options

@Dizzorder1 wrote:

I'm in the exact same place with my tv. I used to reset the network, now the only thing that works is disconnecting power to the tv for a few min. Have you acquired any new information?

No I have not found any  other details forthcoming from Samsung.  I was so frustrated with two or three drops during an hour episode that I gave up and bought a fire stick   Works PERFECT now

it appears to me that the problem is the Smarthub software as I have seen numerous software updates implemented and the freezing has stopped dropping the password like it used to do    BUT it still loses the connection!!  Now with the Firestixk it works perfectly!!  Good luck to everyone on this thread!!  Definitely won’t ever buy a Samsung again for home or business 

knorde
Pioneer
Options

Same problem here (wired). Tryed everything, no solution, it says there is network but no internet.

My old panasonic tv never lose the connection...

0 Likes
HenryFont
First Poster
Options

I unplugged my TV for 10 minutes and when I turned it back on everything was back to normal.

PS - before I had unplugged the TV power, I had tried the network reset through the TV's settings and that didn't work.

0 Likes
Mirko_Brand
Pioneer
Options

I am hoping that I am wrong, but from our experiences its only a temporary workaround. Same as turning the TV on/off/on.

Also that should not be considered a fix, nor should a replacement motherboard for a brand new TV be considered a fix, since the issue is (purely from my investigation) a software issue.

TKlondon1
Apprentice
Options

HI 

This thread is not being taken seriously by Samsung, so here is my latest update.

I have in my house 3 TV's purchased over the last few years and they are all by Samsung.

This week I am buying a high end 75" TV and after having Samsung on my watch list for a year in the end and as a result if this thread it is NOT samsung.

In my family we also own high end Samsung mobiles, but I just placed an order for my daughter for a different brand.

Maybe other TV's have other issues, but this saga is showing me that Samsung is a box shifter only.

I still need to deal with my Samsung 4K SMART TV, that is dumb, but at least I know the day I changed my Brand religion .

MOC1234
Explorer
Options

My 4k firesticks , apple TV and LG smart TV all still going strong! (No internet issues!) I have just pointed a few industry magazines at  this thread to see if that will help. Samsung have lost credibility in the TV department with us now but it may help others who can't buy alternative devices. 

Starshooter
Apprentice
Options

I believe, based on all the comments here, that it is the Smarthub software that is freezing and either dropping the internet connection or just unable to respond after a short period of time.  I noticed several upgrades came thru in the last thirty days and while the freezing is still happening, Smarthub was not losing my WiFi password like it had in the past.  So the ole turn it off and back on was at least not requiring re entry of my password.  

Firestick is now now working perfectly and have not lost one minute of connection time.  

0 Likes
Mirko_Brand
Pioneer
Options

I got to a simmilar conclusion in my forum thread:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/QLED-2018-models-real-world-experience-firmware-v...

It seems to me that the issues mentioned in this thread directly correlate to the same issue.

0 Likes
Yo2019
First Poster
Options

Mine would not hook up to the internet I tried everything.  I went back to factory settings I’m talkinh everything and sometimes it would come back and other times not for days.  I finally started unplugging the tv and that has worked everytime. Turn the tv off and then unplug it plug it back in and then it works. Good luck. 

0 Likes