Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 11-12-2018 05:59 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
Heinekinz
Journeyman
Options

Sorry but I'm not sure. To be honest I am not familiar with the app.

santho
First Poster
Options

Hey .. I ahve the same problem.. did you find any solutions?

0 Likes
DemonScythe
First Poster
Options
I did. It seems to resolve the issue whenever I pull the power plug from the back of the unit, then reattach it.
0 Likes
notsosmarttv
Journeyman
Options

I returned my newest tv for another one. So far its ok but I have little faith. I purchased another wifi module for the other not so smart tv. Its very easy to change out so dont pay for it to be changed. Its sporadic as to if it will find a wifi stuck up its backside. All other wireless in the home works so I know its there. 

0 Likes
notsosmarttv
Journeyman
Options

Returned the new one. I bought a new wifi module for the one i bought last you. Hit and miss reception on wifi signals

0 Likes
notsosmarttv
Journeyman
Options

Thats not a fix. Its a reset at best. Will not last long. Samsung and their affiliatea problem. 

EricMBass
Journeyman
Options

soooo. i've had PRETTY good success (as others have suggested) by going into my router and renaming the 5GHz signal a different network name.  I really think as others have suggested that it can't negotiate between the 2 wireless signals and gets confused.   about every 5th time i turn on my TV, it can't connect, but i use the other "fix" of holding power down for 5 seconds and it connects EVERY time, which is WAY better than it was before, so essentially:.... Renaming or turning off your 5Ghz signal and using the power button hold fix has worked for me, but i totally agree that this could be fixed with a software update and if samsung is listening:  PLEASE FIX THIS!?!?!!?!??!  thanks to everyone for helping me find a workable workaround... :smiling-face:

0 Likes
ThursfordVillag
Student
Options
I took the advice to disconnect for a few minutes. I switched on and entered my modem password and was connected. Thank you for the advice.
John Woods,
Norfolk, UK
0 Likes
PSlice
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem and the TV it's a 55" 4k TV model 2017-2018...same problem all the time i start the TV i need to reconnect the wifi.

0 Likes
DemonScythe
First Poster
Options

Have you tried disconnecting the power cable then plugging back in?

0 Likes