Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

(Topic created on: 13-05-2017 05:02 PM)
lofty29
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

Go to solution
210 REPLIES 210
TannoyHPD385
First Poster
Options

YouTube stopped working here too.. What a ridiculous way of treating customers. I own a UE46ES8000 which I think is also from 2013. 

Something's fishy though, if we simply choose not to update the YT app, why would it ever stop working?

CB1256
First Poster
Options

Hi there, could not find a way to get out of smart  mode. Can you help?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
Alwinder
Journeyman
Options

Same here,the Update tells me no new update available.......I lost the YouTube on my "smart" TV.....I also have a Samsung  tablet and smart phone,I am wondering now if these devices will be at some point subjected to the same "upgrades"........time to switch brands!

IAJ
Apprentice
Options

I feel I have made a mistake in purchasing the Samsung Smart TV.  My main problem has been the constant changes in the application services that do not benefit the user.  When they discontinue an app service they don't provide a replacement app. Service updates / enhancements are ***** poor. So long Samsung TV.  

Alwinder
Journeyman
Options

Chris,I believe that,to get out of Smart Mode,you just have to close the Smart Hub,and look in the Menu of the TV.But I am not sure .......

JLN
First Poster
Options

I think , Saumsung must do something to fix it!!!

They have to do an updated for our smart tv software or something like this.

summer
Student
Options

I too am disappointed, my smart TV was bought around 2013 I think for my bedroom. The Youtube which I love watching next to Netflix stopped on June 27, 2017 and I am upset. I have verizon Fios but never watch much on this. So I am disappointed that they took it off before June, 30 and buying Apple TV streamer is an expensive proposition.

summer
Student
Options

Absolutely, I already started doing this. Because my Youtube did not even last till June 30, 2017. I wish I bought another brand. Well at least next time I know not too trust this brand with anything.

gaetanomaserati
Apprentice
Options

From Now on Stop Samsung.

No respect for customer at all.

I suggested here in Italy Samsung vs Apple for a long time.  Stop.

gaetanomaserati
Apprentice
Options

...so long Samsung