Support

Open search

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

I think it's  a rip off.... how com its available on new models....... i used my tv mainly for YouTube and now i cant after paying so much for it..... They must be something that Samsung can do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Apps wrote:

I think it's  a rip off.... how com its available on new models....... i used my tv mainly for YouTube and now i cant after paying so much for it..... They must be something that Samsung can do.

Hi @Apps. due to a software upgrade The You Tube app is incompatible with some older Tv's  (dated prior to 2013), however if you don't fall into this category I'd suggest you report your model and the precise issue encountered so that it can be investigated further.

The issue has been covered extensively in other threads https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Samsung-Smart-TV-says-Youtube-will-no-longer-be-a...

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Apps wrote:

Hi @Apps. due to a software upgrade The You Tube app is incompatible with some older Tv's  (dated prior to 2013), however if you don't fall into this category I'd suggest you report your model and the precise issue encountered so that it can be investigated further.

The issue has been covered extensively in other threads https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Samsung-Smart-TV-says-Youtube-will-no-longer-be-a...

This is definitely a factor in my next smart TV purchase...one of the most popular video sites not available!
First Poster

Why would you remove YouTube on 2011 and 2012 smart TV's? Is it a tactic by Samsung to have people purchase new TV's? 

This is extremely unfair. The box my tv came in clearly advertised YouTube, not YouTube for "x" amount of years. 

Although I've been very happy with my 3 Samsung TV's our most recent purchase was NOT a Samsung. Instead we purchased a 65" Sony 4K tv. And we opted to not shop for a samsung for this exact reason. This is how you lose customers. And each customer will share their experience with all their family and friends. Bad move on Samsung's part. 

AntS Moderator

@Moemoe wrote:

Why would you remove YouTube on 2011 and 2012 smart TV's? Is it a tactic by Samsung to have people purchase new TV's? 

This is extremely unfair. The box my tv came in clearly advertised YouTube, not YouTube for "x" amount of years. 

Although I've been very happy with my 3 Samsung TV's our most recent purchase was NOT a Samsung. Instead we purchased a 65" Sony 4K tv. And we opted to not shop for a samsung for this exact reason. This is how you lose customers. And each customer will share their experience with all their family and friends. Bad move on Samsung's part. 

It was across a range of brands and devices. You can find further info here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6098135?hl=en-GB

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors