Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

(Topic created on: 21-07-2017 07:52 PM)
lofty29
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

210 REPLIES 210
Nocturna
Journeyman
Options

If only Samsung was that conscious and swift in solving issues - or in this case not causing them - as it is in removing solutions.

Good job on losing a client! And I don't seem to be the only one.

rperlberg
Journeyman
Options

I said Samsung wouldn't like it.

rperlberg
Journeyman
Options

@AntS wrote:

Hi all. As per my message to Oldtube (and several others), I've removed the unauthorised solution Oldtube proposed, as it may harm a TV's wider operation.

It's understandable that Samsung wouldn't want to risk anything compromising the integrity of their system.  After all, it already crashes more than enough all by itself.

0 Likes
zip100
Apprentice
Options

@AntS wrote:

Hi all. As per my message to Oldtube (and several others), I've removed the unauthorised solution Oldtube proposed, as it may harm a TV's wider operation.

Well, in such case, you can remove yourself too... as you harm our TVs operation!

At least oldtube provided a kind alternative. Although not fully funtional, but it can be used.

Samsung, instead of giving it a chance, or maybe even helping to work on it, removes useful posts...

Have you looked at the code? Have you examined it? I don't think so...

Why do you think it can harm a TV?
You just removed the post... Well, what can we expect from bureaucrats?

--zip
0 Likes
Samsungsatish
Student
Options

Samsung is not and will not do anything to fix it.
Spread the word: DON'T EVER BUY SAMSUNG.
Refer friends to this thread. Keep Posting.
It will soon happen to all Smart tv 

you pay extra money to Buy thease smart tv after 2-3 years they become Normal TV and you feel like Fools

AntS
Options

@zip100 wrote:

@AntS wrote:

Well, in such case, you can remove yourself too... as you harm our TVs operation!

At least oldtube provided a kind alternative. Although not fully funtional, but it can be used.

Samsung, instead of giving it a chance, or maybe even helping to work on it, removes useful posts...

Hi @zip100. It was removed upon advice from the head office TV Technical team, who are currently reviewing it. Apologies to all for the lack of clarity on that one.

0 Likes
oceanicmanta
Explorer
Options
May I know what exactly is the head office TV Technical team reviewing ?
0 Likes
Samsungsatish
Student
Options

i checked with there enginners

they are not reviewing anything, they are saying Youtube create this problem so youtube should work out solution not samsung.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@oceanicmanta wrote:
May I know what exactly is the head office TV Technical team reviewing ?

They're looking into all aspects of it. I've asked them to keep me in the loop, and will keep you guys updated as and when I can.

0 Likes
zip100
Apprentice
Options

@AntS wrote:

@zip100 wrote:

@AntS wrote:

Hi @zip100. It was removed upon advice from the head office TV Technical team, who are currently reviewing it. Apologies to all for the lack of clarity on that one.

If this is true, then yes please be more clear on what and why.

Also, I would expect from your policy to be more permisive and less objective in that case,

unless there is a real (potential) problem is found with oldtube's app.

If there is a (not virtual) possibility for breakage, then post your thoughts/evidence,

so people would be aware of the problem while considering to go with oldtube's app, but

do not remove the post about the app just because you can.

Also working with oldtube to fix those (currently virtual) potential problems would be

a very good idea.
Removing a working (and it has not been proved otherwise yet) solution will only lead to

the same rage and objections from people as can be seen in this forum thread about

removing the youtube app...

--zip
0 Likes