Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

(Topic created on: 10-07-2017 07:51 PM)
lofty29
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

210 REPLIES 210
KBB
First Poster
Options
I had bought a mobile and a Television from Samsung for watching Youtube on tv. Now I feel cheated..

These will be my last Samsung buys.
KBB
Dada5000
Explorer
Options
The TV Cast app works well for me on some sites, but not for YouTube!
I can't change the resolution of the videos and it seems to be 480p or lower. Not even the paid version of the app could solve the problem. Now I have 2 options:

- Use my expensive full HD TV to watch low quality videos

- Use the slow browser that the TV has to watch HD videos, but not on fullscreen!

YouTube was the reason for me to buy this TV, now it's useless.
rperlberg
Journeyman
Options

@IndyKPB wrote:

Samsung can and should provide a YouTube app for all TVs. If Samsung doesn't have the technical expertise to create and app, then pay YouTube to do it. This is not difficult, it only requires some money. When will the new app be available? 

Better yet, they should open the platform so anyone can write and distribute apps.  You know there's someone out there who has the skill and willingness to do it if only they had access to the specs and Samsung would allow access to outside app sources like Linux.

pcroley1
First Poster
Options

I agree.  Terrible.  Youtube is one of the key reasons we got this TV.  Money grab once again!

eucommunity
Student
Options

it is incorect! samsung money back !

eucommunity
Student
Options
Is a company that is no longer respected, excuses are not the place of the youtube application, the heart of Smart applications, we expect the giant Samsung to respect itself and to come up with a new app for youtube. I'm sorry I bought smart TVs from samsung (2 pieces), in the future I will avoid this company that no longer supports Youtube.
0 Likes
BobB
First Poster
Options

Is there any way to download a YouTube app for my Sam. Smart TV?

0 Likes
BobB
First Poster
Options
UN40EH5300FXZA
0 Likes
NaomiNz
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the tips re using the USB port for an update.  The YouTube Ap has disappeared from our TV.  So I've been trying to get hold of a YouTube ap file to install using the USB method...has anyone done this?  So far I haven't got the file I need.  Any tips would be appreciated esp on where to get the file (I've tried google play but it won't download on my computer (perhaps its too old)...gosh this is all making me feel too old!

0 Likes
dasha
First Poster
Options

I tried going through the app update via the TV, but no go Youtube doesn't appear in any catorgories. I even tried a search which also gave bugger all. Forget it it's not going to happen, either live with it or buy a later model TV or Smart Hub if available.

0 Likes