Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

(Topic created on: 22-05-2017 03:47 PM)
lofty29
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

210 REPLIES 210
AntS
Options

Hi @lofty29.

What model TV do you have? It sounds like the app developer (YouTube/Google) has decided to no longer support that model with that app.

Sitronman
First Poster
Options

Thisis something I was very disapointed to hear about as well. Youtube is pobably my 2nd or 3rd most used app on the Tv (after Netflix and iPlayer). My tv is one of the older smart TV's (about 5 years old) - perhaps samsung want us to buy a new TV? Needless to say - I'm a bit miffed!! Our newer Samsung TV in the bedroom works fine and no notice of Youtube being switched off.

SubhashB
Journeyman
Options

I have a AU40ES6200 SMART HD TV purchased in 2012. It started giving the same message recently. After checking for solutions on the net (there were none) I decided to check updates to firmware. For this get out of SMART mode (this is important otherwise the UPDATE option will be 'grey' and unusable) and on the remote control press MENU > SUPPORT >UPDATE. This will give you the option of updating through USB or directly from the net. I chose the latter and it took about 2 minutes for the download indicator bar to reach 100%. The update installation took another 30 seconds .... and VOILA, the offending YouTube message was gone! Pretty simple but not explained anywhere on the net. Hope this works for you too. :smileyhappy:

lofty29
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I' ll try that later.

My TV only displayed rhe message once so I presume it will go off on the 30th June as stated.

Do you think the firmware update fixes the problem or simply removed the message which will still go off on the 30th?

SubhashB
Journeyman
Options

Ahaa - that question will get answered only on 1st July!!!

I'm surprised Samsung has not picked up this thread and clarified why this is happening - after all this is a SAMSUNG official website and they should have some one keeping their eyes and ears regarding customer feedback.

However, I am optimistic that the problem has been resolved because before the update I wasn't even able to go past the '30 June' message, in other words I could not access YouTube at all - now YouTube is working normally on the TV.

Updating the firmware is always a recommended action, so even if it does not resolve the said issue if I were you I'd update.

Best of luck.

KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi all, we've had a look into this for you.

The YouTube app will no longer be supported on 2011 and 2012 Smart TVs from the 30th of June 2017. The app provider will be performing an update to the application, which means that the TV will no longer be compatible with the service.  

0 Likes
yeyo
Student
Options

Very sad. It is google who is responsible off this?

0 Likes
lowrider007
Journeyman
Options
A very easy solution to this would be buy a chromecast, will work better than the TV's built in youtube app and it will give your TV better smart functionality.
kpretzel
Journeyman
Options

I got the message also.  As suggested here, I tried to update software.  I got the message that the system had no new updates available. So, I assume I will be losing youtube.  Very upsetting!!