Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung MU8000 issues

(Topic created on: 07-06-2018 03:17 PM)
MrTugBoat87
Journeyman
Options

Hi Guys,

Im having some series issues with my Samsung8 MU8000 (i think, anyway). I am aware the dirty pictcutre effect and verticle banding happens.

Although the banding was pretty bad the other month i had to get a service repair and they replaced the screen.

Although, the issue seems to be worse, can i ask for someone to see the attachments and let me know if you think i have a case to push with?

I have pushed this already but Samsung support have said they cant see an issue, i beleive there is one.

Image 1 - Look where the "e" in see is, theres a big thick darker strip that runs the length of the TV.

Image 2 - Similar strip same place.

One image was from the Xbox one and the other the YouTube built in app.

Thanks,

MarkSamsung 1.jpgSamsung 2.jpeg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @MrTugBoat87.

Could you try a Picture Test for us please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Start Picture Test. Can you still see the dark banding?

0 Likes
MrTugBoat87
Journeyman
Options

Hi Chris,

This was already tried and also tried restroing to factory settings.

The Image test does not show the same colours as per the screens i sent so it wont be visable. The brighter the screens the less visable it is. Only greys seem to show this off and i understand you will get some " dirty Image" but this is bad, as per the photos.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Likes
CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

I would suggest calling our Customer Services to arrange an engineer's inspection. Please call them and let us know how you get on: 

0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864)

Monday to Sunday | 8am to 10pm :robothappy:

0 Likes
Adam_0009
First Poster
Options

Man im sure glad i found this. I bought the 75 inch version mu8000 last week paid 2k for it im having the exact same issue as you i also have a horizontal band in the top left hand corner its really starting to bug me!

0 Likes
MrTugBoat87
Journeyman
Options

Hi dude,

im still awaiting to hear back. Went through Samsung HQ. 

Post a photo and let let me know how yours looks.

mark

0 Likes
evulized
First Poster
Options

Were you ever able to get an answer from Samsung on this?  I'm having a similar issue and it has me concerned.  I will post pictures later today.

0 Likes