Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung LA40A650A not auto tuning to visible channels

(Topic created on: 11-01-2019 11:35 PM)
Darrich
First Poster
Options

Hi I am trying to tune a Samsung LA40A650A which was give to a charity that I work with by Four Seasons (a hotel chain) Hotel mode is off but I am ubnable to tune it or get any sound out of it. Can you help as getting this tv operable will assist many people in need. I have taken it out of Hotel Mode and ensured its not in retail mode.

I can get sound if I use an Apple box and the tv appears to find channels but these are not viewable. The Coax antenna works with my other TV which is an LG OLED.
Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Darrich.

From the main menu, have you selected the Plug & Play otion when tuning the TV in?

0 Likes
Darrich
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris

yes I did this and it was the same result as when I auto tuned it does not tune into any of the channels available on free to air

i have been told that there is a special remote for TVs that originate from hotels and that I need this to tune the tv in properly are you aware of this at all? Thanks

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Try this @Darrich:

Press 'Mute119' then 'Channel'. This should allow you to tune the TV in.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Darrich
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris thanks have done that and it’s not in either hotel or retail mode

i even found the Service Menu Info/Menu/Mute - I noted here that Advanced Settings is Greyed out so. It sure what that means - any idea on question re needing original hotel remote?

0 Likes