Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung HW-K450 soundbar speaker problems

(Topic created on: 21-04-2017 10:00 AM)
Geez_ah
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have a Samsung UE55JU6400 55" Widescreen TV and Samsung HW-K450 soundbar speaker system connect via the Bluetooth smart connect.

The problem I have is intermittent but getting worse. After a period of 1 day to a week the  sound through the soundbar crackles and becomes distorted. I have to switch the power of (either tv or soundbar), then switch on again and it's fine for a while. 

I have contacted Samsung via email and Facebook and they have been no help whatsoever! I did get one response back saying that they were aware of an issue and an update was available. They asked for the model numbers, but I've never heard back since and they are not responding to any of my emails now.

I would like to point out that the soundbar sits just below the TV and there are no other electrical appliances in the way.

Please can someone advise as it's becoming increasingly worse...

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @Geez_ah

Have our colleagues been in touch with you since you posted this? 

If not, could you let us know and we'll look into this for you. Feel free to drop me a Private Message with your reference number and details and i'll take a look over this. 

Any questions, give me a shout. 

0 Likes
Geez_ah
Apprentice
Options
Hi, no one's been in contact yet!
0 Likes
StephenF
First Poster
Options

Hi I’m having same issue, I’ve tried changing cables and done a soundbar reset with Samsung support but problem still there. Sounds rubbish when set to pcm or 5.1 I want neo 2.5!! back but it’s so frustrating to guess the dialogue every 3 mins 

0 Likes
RoseCSanchez
First Poster
Options

I’m having this same exact issue. It’s been going on for about 2 months now and it’s driving me insane! My soundbar will make crackle noises 5-6 times in a row and increasingly gets worse. It gets so bad that I can’t even hear whatever I’m watching. It even does it if I have my tv paused and the sound turned to low. What do I do? It’s to the point that I’ve had to shut it off. Mind you, I’ve only had my soundbar and TV for about 3 months. So it is still fairly new. 

0 Likes
Geez_ah
Apprentice
Options

Samsung were absolutely useless... They didn't help me at all!!! I ended up getting putting the Samsung TV in another room without a Soundbar, and I bought an LG which works perfectly fine with the Soundbar.

0 Likes
Richt1
First Poster
Options

@Geez_ah wrote:

Hi, I have a Samsung UE55JU6400 55" Widescreen TV and Samsung HW-K450 soundbar speaker system connect via the Bluetooth smart connect.

The problem I have is intermittent but getting worse. After a period of 1 day to a week the  sound through the soundbar crackles and becomes distorted. I have to switch the power of (either tv or soundbar), then switch on again and it's fine for a while. 

I have contacted Samsung via email and Facebook and they have been no help whatsoever! I did get one response back saying that they were aware of an issue and an update was available. They asked for the model numbers, but I've never heard back since and they are not responding to any of my emails now.

I would like to point out that the soundbar sits just below the TV and there are no other electrical appliances in the way.

I have the  Hw j6001 now doing the same thing on all inputs sitting watching the tv and then started any one managed to get a fix 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Richt1 wrote:

@Geez_ah wrote:

I have the  Hw j6001 now doing the same thing on all inputs sitting watching the tv and then started any one managed to get a fix 

Insist on a repair or replacement. 

0 Likes
Geez_ah
Apprentice
Options

Don't expect any help from Samsung customer services, they are useless!

Lj1978
First Poster
Options

I just had this happen to me. I played with my settings and got rid of it.

1. Sound control button - Reset treble and bass to 0

2. Surround sound button (I don't have on) - make sure it's off

3. Sound effect button - try different settings

Also it would help to test a different device. For example,  pair your phone or tablet using Bluetooth and play Pandora through it. That's how I ruled out the TV to speaker connection.

Hope this helps

0 Likes