Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Bluray player disconnecting

(Topic created on: 21-01-2019 07:46 AM)
Andrew20
Student
Options

Hi, I'm having issues with my samsung SE-506cb bluray player, sometimes it would disconnect while it loads up the disc or it would disconnect randomly while watching a movie or series. At first I did have these problems while watching a series but it eventually stopped up until now.

I've updated my firmware, tried a splitter cable(atleast I think it was a splitter cable) tried it on other usb slots and I've tested it on another laptop which works fine. I've also heard that the usb slots could be damaged, but I don't see how it would be those, when my other devices work without any issues(uninstalled and reinstalled usb slots) the problem still continues.

Any solutions?

Thank you.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Andrew20,  issues were previously reported with this Blu Ray player/Writer and some customers had problems with Windows 10 devices, are you using Windows 10 on the affected device?   However some users reported that using a USB 3.0 cable solved the issue, know you have already tried a split cable.

Some  instructions were given by  Microsoft for Windows 10 troubleshooting, however seemed to concern cases where the Writer was not detected at all.   Further details in this thread:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Cameras-IT-Everything-Else/portable-blu-ray-writer-Model-SE-506-...

For specific  issues with Blu Ray  Discs  using  the latest version of Cyberlink  PowerDVD software  seemed to work for some.  Nonetheless there was an investigation into issues but last report mentioned challenges around support since Samsung  sold the product line and unfortunately the company involved ended up in liquidation.  If there is further information the Moderators will be able to advise.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Andrew20,  issues were previously reported with this Blu Ray player/Writer and some customers had problems with Windows 10 devices, are you using Windows 10 on the affected device?   However some users reported that using a USB 3.0 cable solved the issue, know you have already tried a split cable.

Some  instructions were given by  Microsoft for Windows 10 troubleshooting, however seemed to concern cases where the Writer was not detected at all.   Further details in this thread:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Cameras-IT-Everything-Else/portable-blu-ray-writer-Model-SE-506-...

For specific  issues with Blu Ray  Discs  using  the latest version of Cyberlink  PowerDVD software  seemed to work for some.  Nonetheless there was an investigation into issues but last report mentioned challenges around support since Samsung  sold the product line and unfortunately the company involved ended up in liquidation.  If there is further information the Moderators will be able to advise.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Andrew20
Student
Options

Yes I am on windows 10, sadly my computer does not have any USB 3.0  slots(as far as I know), I'm currently using Cyberlink Power DVD12 as it came with the bluray player. I'll try out these last few cables and see if the problem continues, if it does I'll might have to get a different bluray player.

Thank you for the help.