Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung 50" 6 Series - Missing bluetooth?

(Topic created on: 22-01-2017 12:02 PM)
anthonymcg
First Poster
Options

Hi folks,

I live in Ireland and bought a Samsung 50" 6 Series UHD HDR Smart TV in the sales over Christmas. The model number is UE50KU6020. The spec sheets seem to indicate it has Bluetooth (for connecting to headphones in my intended case) but having checked, I can't find out where and how to enable it. I'm running the latest firmware and have gone to Settings->Sound->Expert Settings but Wireless Speaker Manager is greyed out. When I try to click it into I'm told 'This function isn't available. Any ideas? I'd really like to get it going.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

0 Likes
Go to solution
29 REPLIES 29
dxj7
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the info, I will try this. I too can't beleive these do not have bluetooth. My mistake for not reading the details more carefully and being attracted to a low price! Once you've mounted them returning seems like such a duanting task. 😉

0 Likes
Luwam
First Poster
Options
I won't connect with Sony speaker
0 Likes
jim603
First Poster
Options

It is still being advertised as BT. I will be returning the UN58MU6070 yesterday. what a pain, I have to take it off the wall .  these must be bottom of the line sets . No BT even the audieo only has optical. the Picture is ok but appears to be choppy like the processor cant handle the video . I can not hook my sound bar up because no BT ,  I am disapointed in Samsung I think Walmart brand gives you moor for the money .

Here is the advertisement. https://www.walmart.com/ip/SAMSUNG-58-Class-4K-2160P-Ultra-HD-Smart-LED-TV-UN58MU6070/279997977

0 Likes
NATHI2
First Poster
Options

switch off the sound mirroring so that the wireless speaker manager can be enabled 

0 Likes
cathyoo
First Poster
Options

I have a 65" UHD TV series 6 that I knew it didn't have bluetooth when I bought it.  My question, is there an adaptor that can be purchased to make the TV bluetooth accesssible?  I would like to use bluetooth speakers or connect the TV to my laptop wirelessly?  It appears there are numerous items to purchase but I don't know if any of them will work for what I want.  

0 Likes
Dot_Onion
Apprentice
Options

Samsung does not have the firmware for bluetooth for the 6 and 7 series TV because I have the 7, and if you go into the Dev menu by powering off the TV press mute 182 power, the Dev menu shows up go to option  Then MRT and you will see BT and it's off. If you turn it on, power cycle the TV, now you will see BT option in the settings, the BT might work if you have the firmware  you will see the device you want to connect or it may not because you dont have the firmware, and im still trying to find and install a firmware for it manually I will let you know.

Abstrakt1978
First Poster
Options

I’ve been working on finding a firmware update as well .. and.. have done the same exact steps you have... can you please email me if you find a downloadable firmware update for the BT ?! abstrakt1979@ Gmail.com

0 Likes
PRB
First Poster
Options
  1. PRB help
0 Likes
john464799-
First Poster
Options

Just wondered if anybody found an answer to this?

Is there a device which will plug into the 6 series to make it BT compatible?

0 Likes
Force0321
First Poster
Options

Awesome and thank you ! Once I got into the dev menu and put BT to on, power cycled the tv, I now had the speaker list under sound. My Samsung BT speaker now works properly!!!

0 Likes